Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grading with B110 is food for the Spirit

CaseyM

I spent a great weekend afternoon grading a large pile of dirt from sod removed for garage construction last fall and a high spot upon which it had been deposited. My B110 with grader blade performed flawlessly and the large pile of dirt covered with weeds now looks like a putting green. When I stood on the blade to get a good bite to grade the high spots and the governor responded to provide the needed power and the tractor just kept lugging through the tough packed parts, the feeling I got was better than any ride at an amusement park could possibly provide. I could promote grader blades to all the neighbors who stopped by and would recommend one to any here with an interest in doing yard dirt work or drive rock work. One of the neighbors friends with him offered me a tractor "like" one of mine, he said "only smaller"(My 7010). He wanted $100.00 which I agreed to without seeing the tractor. He delivered a System 5010 which is like new and could not have been used 10 times. It is small, but cute, and in cherry original condition with a deck and an unused blade.

I have to agree the grader blades work great... And Congradulations on the new tracor.... You never know when a deals gonna pop up....

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Stanchak
Your making me jealous! I want a grader blade!
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&userid=netco-nj&include=0&since=30&sort=3&rows=25

quote:
I want a $100 tractor!!

Dutch, are you posing as CaseyM? Sounds like SimpletrACtors has it's first infomercial.:):D8D:)^ Casey which way is yours mounted? I will hopefully be attaching my blade this weekend and was wondering which way is best. Front mount, belly mount or rear mount? Others feel free to vote their preference.

My opinion. Front mount doesnt give enough traction or control. Rear mount gives a little more traction but less depth control. Mount it under the belly for the best results. I've been using mine to clear a wet ditch and it will push twice as much muck under the belly because it can only "float" to the tractor frame. On the rear it tends to float too much with nothing to hold it down.

quote:
Originally posted by Putter
Sounds like SimpletrACtors has it's first infomercial.:):D8D
I keep getting questions on how to get a serrated grader blade. Therefore, the eBay link.
quote:
Originally posted by Putter
I will hopefully be attaching my blade this weekend and was wondering which way is best. Front mount, belly mount or rear mount? Others feel free to vote their preference.
How long have you had that blade? It isn't mounted yet? Shame on you. I suggest a mid-mount (grader). If you've never used one, you're in for a treat. The rear mount is nice too, but for a different type of job.

Shame on me indeed. There are only so many hours in a day. I know I bought the best and I am anxiously waiting for just the right day.

quote:
Originally posted by dutch
quote:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&userid=netco-nj&include=0&since=30&sort=3&rows=25
Dutch, one of these days I'll be buying one from you.

Putter, My grading was done with the belly mounted blade. I have used front mounted blades in the past because they can move more volume faster, but for the final grading work, the belly mounted blade seemed to provide the best control of the amount of bite taken at each pass. Most of the control is with the operators legs and the amount of downward pressure the operator puts on the blade with his feet. A little practice and any operator will think he is an expert. The bottom line is that it is a lot of fun and the results are impressive. Casey