Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity brush cutter

cckemm

Is the simplicity brush cutter really all that rare?? Been looking at one in my fathers basement my whole life. Maybe I will have to look at it in a whole new light. Only remember him using it a few times, Stuff flew everywhere and the belts didn't last very long. Still pretty neat attachment to use.B)

I never saw one, and I lived 20 miles from the port washington simpicity plant. I saw plenty of the other impls. but never a sicle mower or the brush cutter..

I am not sure really how rare they are...seems like there is several members on here that has them...I seen one at a swap meet this spring.They are kinda cool and I would like to have one but..they sell for more than I would pay for one... I belive the one that would be rare would be the smaller one that was used on the old Broadmoors...I have never seen or heard of any one with one I seen a sales brochure for the Broadmoor and it had one of them in there,so I guess it was avalible for them..

mowerman1193, Wasn't the one for the Broadmoor a single blade, kind of like the brush cutter for the front of a Gravely walking tractor? I thought I'd seen a picture of one for a Simplicity that looked like that...

Kent,I think that its the same as the Landlord ones now that I look at it a little closer...I looked on simple tractors and found a couple pictures and specs for it. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/spotlight/broadmoor_weedcutter_small.jpg[/img] Here is the link to the specs... [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/1969_spotlight/broadmoor_specs.htm[/url] Guess I thought it was a smaller one for the smaller tractors...

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
I must be thinking of one for a walking tractor -- only thing I can figure....
Kent, are you thinking about the Bachtold / Colfax cutter Sam posted about? http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=7982

Hmmm got the rotary mower going tonight, works great, 3rd gear and about 10" high grass, not a stragler left after I went over it once. Maybe I will have to stop down at fathers and load that brush cutter up and bring it home, I do have all those rosebushes at the back of the yard I have been meaning to knock down with weed whacker, but have been procrastinating about just cuz it is an ugly job.

I have one coming from Sandy Lake Implement, though the wait is driving me crazy. I spoke to them May 6 and it's still not here yet. Bill told me someone tried to buy it out from under me for $500(was on their site for $395 w/all linkages, etc or $350 w/o) and that he's be sending it soon. He even found the belt guard for it like the ones for the snowblowers. I think safety glasses AND a face shield are in order when using that one....

Well I never saw one til this spring at a swapmeet mowerman1193 and I were at... He wanted $300 but ?I think someone said he sold it for $250.. It would be neat to have but like Kevin stated I didn't want to spend that much either...