Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
andy gartner

Tire Sizes/Tube-Tubeless

andy gartner
Have found NOS (USA made) General Tire front tires (5.30/4.50-6) that come with a tube and finally match the old OEM tire size on my 728 Broadmoor. Except, the Goodrich OEM's say they're tubeless. Can I use a tube with stock 728 front rims? Thanks for your time, Andy

RickS
I have heard that if you put a tube in a tubeless car tire, the tire will run hotter and have a shorter life. I do agree with Kent, that for a tractor tire running a tube in a tubeless tire is fine.

mowerman1193
I just took the front tires off my Broadmoor 717 and one had a tube and one did'nt.I belive my728 has tubs in them as well... I would like to know where you found the tires at?I am planning to get a new set for my 717 for its restoration...

andy gartner
Thanks all! The new tires have so many different size designations seems it's guesswork to match them up correctly. Like the rims/tires on my '78 simpl. 4111 Regent. Rear tires/rims appear same as on the 728. Rear tires on both tractors are 18x9.50-8. Front rims look exactly same as 728. But someone put Cheng Shin's on the front rims of the 4111 that are 13x5.00-6. They are way too small! (metric?). Maybe 13x6.00-6 match the 5.30x4.50-6's?? A

andy gartner
Kevin sent you an email about NOS Generals. I'm going to put them on the 4111 also-think this was the stock size for that tractor too. The 728 stock 5.30x4.50-6's are at least 1" taller than the cheng shins-and look much better. Probably the tractor deck will do it's work better. A