Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Weed and Brush Cutters

BrownA

I too would love to get my hands on a weed and brush cutter. There was just one for sale on Ebay in Maine which would work for me if I was ready to buy at this time. I saw that there is recent discusion on these attachments. One thing I wanted to add to that is in my searching for Simplicity attachments I had asked a dealer if he ever came across the Weed and Brush Cutter. He said if he came across them he would break them, then throw them out because they were dangerous. My point is not that they are dangerous. We all know that. All power equipment can be dangerous. I think that the dealers opinion might be shared by other dealers in their opinion of that attachment. I wonder if Simplicity expressed this to their dealers at one time ? Just a thought I wanted to share, Al

I found that safety is a key issue when using this attachment,the rotating blades become invisible when turning and if you are cutting tall weeds,saplings and thorn bushes they tend to whip you and catch on your clothes or skin,which happened on my first day using the cutter but on the next day i put long pants and shirt on for protection.

Well I also heard of a dealer saying the same thing...I think part of it is the liability for them if they sell it to you..Everyone is happy to sue for their own stupidity these days

There was a guy in jones this year with one the guy he got it from said to take the blades off and sell them seperate.... well I agree they may not be the safest... But how many other things out there today are sold that someone could be hurt with or hurting someone else...