Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

20 hp wheel horse

Boney

there is an ad in the paper for a 20 hp wheel horse, i was trying to find a picture of a 20 hp wheel horse but was not able too, if someone has the time can you post a picture of one,'thnx

It likely a 520 Hydro. I've got one here , but won't be finished with it to take a picture for a couple of days yet. Looks like the 300 and 400 & classic series except the axle is swept forward and the dash is different among other minor differences.

Here is a 520H on ebay right now.Not a real good picture but might give you an idea... [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2328596913&category=43562[/url]

They are pretty reliable and built tough. I was looking for one when I bought my first simplicity.

thank you all i appreciat your fast response, i am not buying that tractor but will post the ad for it in that ad forum, thnx :)

Lokked at the ad you posted, see it says its a D-200. Those bring good money especially with a bunch of attachments. Only problem, from what I know, is that they have a repair parts price and availability problem as bad if not worse than the Simplicity Powermax types.

I know of 2 D series tractors in my area both have bad Hydro's. One has been sitting two years , the other a year waiting to find parts ..

It is my understanding that the rear ends had problems on the D series.There is a bolt or pin that works loose and then it lets the gears or something pivot inside the rear end and the bolt or pin starts smacking the rear end housing and cracks it and does something with the hydro and the fluid leaks out...Then most people dont realize it until its too late...This happend to my uncles D180.