Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Battery

stormy2163

Got to purchase a battery for my machine today.Anybody got any suggestions as to what to purchase.?It has a car battery in it as of now.My project is about to take off...got to have some good juice.:D Stormy:):D

Don't you have a Pow'rMax? I use the 51-4 battery from Wal-Mart in my LFGT's because it's the highest capacity battery that will fit in the space allowed. For the smaller tractors I use the U1P-7, again the highest capacity that will fit the space....

Yes I do daddycat...thanks so much...I didn't know what to get.It is a PowerMax.I will go get one tomorrow.Thanks for the help. Robin

Robin, you might first want to measure your battery compartment to make sure what size it is. Then take the tape to the store with you and measure the battery you're looking at to be sure it will fit. That's how I ended up with the ones I use. Make sure you have enough clearance for the terminals and cable clamps, too(with the hood shut, cover in place etc...). I have NO experience with the Pow'rMax tractors, just letting you know what I did.

I will do that..it's kinda hard when you don't know nothing about nothing.[V]But willing to learn.:):D Stormy

How can you say "it's kinda hard when you don't know nothing about nothing." You were smart enough to find this site.

Now Jon, You have to be easy on Stormy. After all, she has the same last name and initials as I do.

I couldn't find a suitable battery at my local Walmart for the Pow'rMax. I ended up taking my measurements to Interstate Batteries (a local battery distributor)They fixed me right up.

Hi Robin, Don't know if you' get this in time.... I've gone both ways, Sears Die hard (can you spell $$$$) and autozone for about 25-30. Autozone has been winning lately, just 'cause they're closer! Hope it helps! JP PS I'd keep the GM type batery (side posts), it lets you put a heat shield over the battery to protect it from heat (It does get a little warm where you're at, memory serving...) 8-)

I was not being mean I felt she shouldn't put herself down like that by taking this on herself she is doing alot more than some would way to go!!!

Aquick you were right the walmart batteries want work.I didn't get to go any where else today to find one...I had forgotten about Interstate Batteries we have a dealer here might need to check that out.:D I agree Jon..I did do something right didn't I.:) Me and you are gona have to get together and give Rod one of theseB)so he will have to have a pair if those8D.Joking Thanks All. Robin

If you really need high cranking amps in a rbt John Deere sells a batery that will go right in it has 500 cold cranking they use it in there 455 diesel. Thats what i put in my 920 saved me wideing the batery box

JP I am glad you brought that to my attention.The previous owner had a peice of wood and a piece of sheet metal under the hood.Now I know why. Robin

Neil I looked at your site....reminded me of when I was kid getting up at 4am to round up the cows for milking and the grand duty of washing down the barn.Nice site. Robin