Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor Seat

mbrook

Not too long ago I inquired about where to get a seat for my 7013 and my 3212. Someone had mentioned Northern Tool. I checked out their web site and found two seats that I was interested in. The first was for the 7013. Typical seat style, infact I believe its the same seat that is sold on the "box brand" lawn mowers. The second was a rigid pan seat, similar to the original one that was on the 3212. Both seats were well below the local TCS even after shipping. So I decided to order both at the same time. I recieved the seat for the 7013 within a week, the other was on back order. When I recieved the rigid pan seat, I noticed a 1/2" rip in it. I promptly called the customer service number to get a return authorization, the service person said its not worth their exspense to return it and send me another one. So she said to discard the seat and another will be shipped asap (it was on back order again)with no shipping charges. So as far as customer service goes for Northern tool I must say they are great so far.

What do you think of the pan seat you got from them...I was going to order one from them for my tractor but I looked at TSC and the ones they had just mounted with one bolt in the middle...I did'nt really feel like drilling a hole in my seat deck so I did'nt get it...I need about 4 of them, LOL

I Have never ordered from northern But some of my family has a nd Had real good luck with them.... When I went to florida year or so ago they had astore right there had a lot of stuff in there.....

Mowerman, The seat has 2 mounting bolts, they are in-line and about 3" apart. I plan on cutting them as short as possible to get them through an adapter plate that I plan on fabricating. Hopefully it will not sit to high off the seat deck. As for the quality of the seat, the fabric is very thin. An update since yesterday. I recieved the original seat a couple of weeks ago, I posted this yesterday because I was thinking my new one should be coming soon. It came yesterday afternoon, I opened the box to find a ripped seat! I called Northern and they credited my card the cost of the seat. Now I have two ripped seats. The second seat isn't bad so I plan on patching it and using it. As for customer service at Northern, they are great, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Sorry to hear that the second one was torn as well.Hmmm not sure I want to buy one from there then.Thanks for informing us...

Could you give the part # on the northern seat so I could take a look at it? and or post a picture of the seat after it is mounted? Thanks JH

Rod, I don't think so I only remember the fender pan. How much was the seat? What is TSC? JH

John T.S.C. (T)ractor (S)upply (C)ompany It is a chain of stores geared toward farm and ranch needs. All kinds of stuff from feed to parts to clothes and bunch more in between.

John, Here is the item number for the seat at Northern Tool #174992 I believe its the same seat at TSC (maybe different material). The price a TSC was around $37 (I think) and the price at Northern was $19 plus shipping. I think that Northern has good products, I just seemed to get two bad ones in a row. I don't want to put them down for it because their service was quick and understanding I would/will order another seat from them because of it.

I got my replacement seat (pan) covers from MAC'S. This a a chain of hardware/surplus stores. I don't know how big the chain is. The ones I go to are located in Detroit Lakes, MN and Fargo, ND. The seat cost me about $9.00 [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/howlanddm/DSC00138.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/howlanddm/DSC00137.JPG[/img]

Howlanddm Did you get a replacement seat cover or a replacement seat. I needed the whole seat, not just the cover. Now for $9 I could get a replacement cover and still be less than buying it somewhere else.

i have had good luck with other things at a car re-apulsterer {spelling} both in price and quality of job

mbrook, It is the complete seat without the metal pan. All the foam and vinyl in one pice. Just remove the old and replace with the new. You can right click on the red X and select show picture if the pics are not coming up. Dan P.S. I have a metal pan off an old Ford LGT 145 that I would give for the cost of shipping it. Club Members Only. Bolt pattern is 7 1/2" accross and 6" front to back on center. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/howlanddm/DSC00139.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/howlanddm/DSC00140.JPG[/img]

John, The seat that I bought at TSC was a little costly at $59, but it is completely covered in vinyl with no exposed metal, not one of the type pictured above that is held on with the welting. I was going to order one of them from Northern, but decided to pay the extra money and not have to wait. I did have to drill new mounting holes.