Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Holland Yellow paint...

Kent

... since it does look like Rustoleum may have discontinued their yellow paint that I've been using (American Accents, Brilliant Yellow), I'm looking for another alternative for the old yellow Allis B-series.... Has anyone tried New Holland Yellow? I picked up a can the last time I was at the local farm store, but haven't really tried it. I compared it quickly to something I'd previously painted with the Rustoleum, and it looked promising.... Since I use and abuse my tractors so much, I want something that I can easily use in small doses (i.e. not a 1-quart cup sprayer to clean) and that I can paint a piece or two at a time, repaint individual pieces when scratched, etc. Here's one paint chart that shows how New Holland yellow falls between John Deere yellow (too yellow) and Cat yellow (too dark)... [img]http://www.vansicklepaint.com/VSclrcrd.jpg[/img]

Does look like it could be pretty close... That J.I.Powder White looks like it could be close to the color on my Broadmoor dash and wheels...but its had to tell on the PC.might just be the way my color settings are, LOL.I think most people are using just regular white..

Yes it does look pretty close... I looked for some white for my 2010 and ended up using gloss white for the wheels, but now I might be checking into the Heston White or maybe the paint kevin is talking about...

Kent; Check out the yellow that Deere uses on their big bulldozers, graders, etc. It is darker than the John Deere yellow used on the farm and garden tractors, and I think it is a decent match with the Allis color.

I never thought about the Deere Dozers color.The neighbor has one he just repainted a year or so ago.I might have to take a closer look at that.

I was at Home of Economy in Grand Forks and looked at the VanSickle color chart for future referance. Nobody around to ask questions. It does look like a good paint. I was looking for paint for my 720's if I get time or is it ambition?

Kent- I just bought a can of the New Holland yellow and sprayed some parts - the color chart & the color on the cap is definately misleading - it's a lot brighter than either of these. I'll be at the show in Mass later this month (as long as things go as planned). I'll bring along some pieces to show you.

I use the vansickel gloss white for my wheels on my 920. vansickel paint is good paint we have panted severl peaces of equment with it.

Kent, My son painted his racing kart with the New Holland yellow and Agco gloss black. This yellow is what I consider a "brilliant" yellow not even close to the more muted tone I have seen on a number of restored AC tractors at shows last summer. I am told, by Maple Valley Equipment, Nashville MI., that New Holland introduced this bright yellow a few years ago for use on their new skid steer and related equipment.