Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

dump

Charlieson

I had a fellow ask about the deck that I have listed on the classifieds. The tractor is at my fathers shop, and he was there to get some parts. I ask him if he had an AC 312 and he said yes that he got it from the county dump. Seems he was at the dump getting rid of some trash and someone had thrown the tractor off there. He took it home and it ran fine, but didnt have a deck. What luck. ddh

I have picked up tractors, mowers,tillers,and attachments before.Not really at the dump but at the local metal recycle place.Lots of stuff goes in that place....I would like to live next door so I could see it going in there on the trailers and trucks.In fact just a couple weeks ago I picked up a free good 48in mower deck for my Wheel Horse.Picked up a snow thrower for the W.H. there once and came home and posted it for sale and a week or so later some guy drove 3-4hrs and gave me 75 for it.I gave 2 dollars.They are supposed to charge you by the weight to buy stuff from them.

I picked up a 12Hp Sears Suburban at the local dump. Fixed a couple of things, and mowed my lawn with it for four years. This was until the non-replaceable magneto on the Tecumseh engine died. Still have it. It is going to be the chassis for my upcoming front end loader project.

I pick up all kinds of stuff from the local Metal Recyclers, and up until this year I used to get mowers from the local dump but this year there's a new guy and he doesn't seem to save them out... another place i have found them is some townships have a free dump day and people bring them there....

Bunky it looks like you will have to put some $$$ in the pocket of the new guy? I think he would save the stuff just for you then?

ya that's an idea.. Well most of it was push mowers and rear engine riders... but I could buy them for $2.00 a piece... and most of them ran just had a wheel, or handle bar problem.. I thought about buying them up fixing them selling them for $25-$30 and give the peole an 30 day exchange only warranty... LOL

Well speaking of the Metal Recycle yard mowerman1193 just phoned me told me there's a T-10 homelite (minus engine and tires and wheels) a Chapparal pick up?? and a case rear dischargedeck.. at the one near us..

Hi,I got a Wheel Horse 1045 at my local dump got it out and it run good the only thing that was wrong with it was the half moon key that hold the rear hub on. So i fix it and a month later i sold it for $200.00.And i didn't have a dime in it.Thanks Tony

Well I went up to the Salvage yard and I got a David bradley cultivator that i will use for $5 I was gonna get the T-10 Homelite but it was an Allis Chalmers made one... It had hi-lo

You should have got the T-10 the hi-lows are worth a few $$$ plus the other parts Most of the parts fit Simplicity/Allis Chalmers.

Yes I realise that now i might go there in the morning and get it.. But the hi-Lo is not like on the B series it has 2 belts and i'm not sure how it works...

There's one guy at the local scrap yard I call the $5.00 guy. Anything you want it's yours for $5.00. Mostly anything, for some reason. Here is what I got for $5.00, Snapper rear engine rider (no engine), Galvanized fish ice chest (using to hold scrap metal), CB out of school bus, 2 park bench ends with lion heads, (weren't old, but sold to antique shop for $50.00)

The local towns around here used to have 'spring cleanup',where people could clean out basements,garages,etc,and put the stuff at the curb,for the city to pick up.I used to bring home truckloads of stuff,from appliances,to bed frames(angle iron),to lawnmowers, just about everything. Word is one town quit doing it because people were actually fighting over the junkpiles.