Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bunky

Sleeve Hitch ???????

Bunky
I built a sleeve hitch.. and it works fine in my plow, but I picked up Cultivator and the Sleeve hitch is too tall to fit into the Coupler... Is there 2 different size sleeve hitches???

Dutch
quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
Here's that photo of the one I built mine By....
Bunky, the design you used is what I first uploaded a couple of years ago. It has been floating around ever since. Since then, I uploaded a design based on OEM specs. But, very few people have used it (?). [img]http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/onepointhitch-oem.jpg[/img]

thedaddycat
Just a bit of side info. here, the bolts with full length threads are called "shoulder bolts" while the ones with partial threads are "machine bolts". I guess the idea is that if you're bolting parts onto a machine, why spend the extra money threading the whole length of the bolt. Along a similar line, if you are drilling a hole to tap threads into for a bolt or screw you will use a "tap drill". If you want the fastener to pass through cleanly you need a "body drill". Most of the better drill sets I've seen have a table of this information right on the case....

UCD
Kirk The 3 cutting styles of taps are Bottoming, Plug & Taper Bottoming Are used on blind holes 1 1/2 thread Lead chamfer Plug are used on thru holes 3-4 thread Leading chamfer Taper are used to start threads 6-9 thread Leading chamfer The process of grinding this chamfer is called plugging with .001 to .005 relief from cutting edge to heel of the land with thread relief of . All can be used for thru holes. I belive Sholder bolts only have threads part way and machine bolts have full length threads For bolts that pass through you use a drill the size of the body. For bolts that thread in you use a drill = to the root dia.plus 1/4 of the thread depth. this chart is on most drill boxes as tap drill size and are different for fine and course threads of the same bolt size.