Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve Hitch ???????

Bunky

I built a sleeve hitch.. and it works fine in my plow, but I picked up Cultivator and the Sleeve hitch is too tall to fit into the Coupler... Is there 2 different size sleeve hitches???

I had to trim about 1" off the sleeve hitch for my moldboard plow in order for it to fit the Brinly box scraper.

Yes that's about how much it is smaller.. I will just build another for the smaller one's I guess...

Ive been thinking about building one for my 920 and was wondering if any one has any plans for one. I Dont have one to coppie off of Thanks.

Here's that photo of the one I built mine By.... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/rickf/hitch.jpg[/img]

If I could get the dimensions from an original I could probably make a batch. Scott Salmons

quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
Here's that photo of the one I built mine By....
Bunky, the design you used is what I first uploaded a couple of years ago. It has been floating around ever since. Since then, I uploaded a design based on OEM specs. But, very few people have used it (?). [img]http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/onepointhitch-oem.jpg[/img]

Just a bit of side info. here, the bolts with full length threads are called "shoulder bolts" while the ones with partial threads are "machine bolts". I guess the idea is that if you're bolting parts onto a machine, why spend the extra money threading the whole length of the bolt. Along a similar line, if you are drilling a hole to tap threads into for a bolt or screw you will use a "tap drill". If you want the fastener to pass through cleanly you need a "body drill". Most of the better drill sets I've seen have a table of this information right on the case....

Kirk The 3 cutting styles of taps are Bottoming, Plug & Taper Bottoming Are used on blind holes 1 1/2 thread Lead chamfer Plug are used on thru holes 3-4 thread Leading chamfer Taper are used to start threads 6-9 thread Leading chamfer The process of grinding this chamfer is called plugging with .001 to .005 relief from cutting edge to heel of the land with thread relief of . All can be used for thru holes. I belive Sholder bolts only have threads part way and machine bolts have full length threads For bolts that pass through you use a drill the size of the body. For bolts that thread in you use a drill = to the root dia.plus 1/4 of the thread depth. this chart is on most drill boxes as tap drill size and are different for fine and course threads of the same bolt size.

I always thought these were shoulder bolts:[url]http://www.rinomechanical.com/shlscrew.htm[/url] Don