Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Twenty something.....

Heres a few pics of the Ariens I picked up this spring..(25 dolleros)..Im lovin it. Working it hard. Its a very nice handling, riding, powerfull tractor with a heavy duty hydro...I know, its ugly. The lift works, interesting little arrangement, you pull a knob and the ram power is transfered to the front linkage. It has an option for a direct pto off the back, this one has the front with the shaft arrangement. everything works, wish i had a blade for it, i bet it would really rock and roll.........its got a 16hp kohler, the whole unit seems a bit heftier than my ol sov. [img]/club2/attach/Dougm/ariens4a.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Dougm/ariens1a.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Dougm/ariens 2a.jpg[/img]

Those older Ariens are nice machines. I especially like where they mounted the hydro control. Guy I know has one that he just mounted a Kohler 18hp in. Very tough tractor.

Those old Ariens are real workhorses and real dependable too. I would say that you got quite a lot of tractor for $25... great buy8D^

What's ugly about it Doug? Looks like a tractor ought to look to me. The new models are ugly. IMO You did very good.8D