Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JBLACK

Swapping hitches on 42'' mower decks ?

JBLACK
I have been trying to get a complete deck locally but not much luck,the deck on my 78-79 7010 is cracked in the front and side. I was thinking of using one of my 101/b decks and changing the adjustment/rollers and other hardware from the 1690501 to the older deck has any one tried this? any problems other than drilling new holes further outboard? looking for some answers the grass is getting long!! I did find 2 good used decks at one place but he wouldn`t sell was willing to pay 150. to 200. for a decent one 1690501 or equiv. but no luck. John?

Ishmael2k
Remove the running boards for the time being? Also I am heading out to PA in about 6 weeks with an empty truck, I have a decent 48" deck (Mainly the shell) and know of a couple of 42" that may be available. Let me do some checking tomorrow and I will post as to what I can get and how much. Rob

JBLACK
Thanks guys I live in south central PA.Hey Dutch I do get to southern Jersey a few times a year over the summer(Fortescue) for fishing how far are you from there?it is in Cumberland county.As far as Sandy Lake is concerned its probably as far as where I go in Jersey, about 21/2 to 3 hrs drive.I should learn to coordinate my traveling with tractor parts as I go to detroit Mich every april. Thanks for every thing and Iwill be doing some checking .Dutch I will send a pm for details. thanks again John