Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Replacement Electric Lift

RayH

After losing all the magic smoke in my electric lift, I went in search of a replacement motor for it. Found the P/N for the motor on the Simplicity site and went to our sponsors to get a price...what a SHOCK...$288.00 for the thing! Spent about 2 hours trying to find the Saginaw Gear site, finally determined that Thomson Saginaw is now that company's name..found a site www.servosystems.com/thomson_12vdc_actuators.htm that lists the "Performance Pack". The unit they carry looks to be a exact replacement part with the following exception...the mounting ears are rotated 90 degrees from where the ears are on the unit I have. Does anyone out there have any experience in rebuilding a electric lift...can the actuator shaft be rotated by loosining the four screws at the gear housing base ? If this can be done, the price quoted to me $239.80 is a LOT cheaper than ordering a replacement motor thru one of our sponsors. A final note, I got a Telephone # 800-338-9820 for the factory repair..they informed me that they will repair my unit but require a up front $48.00 estimate fee (to be applied to repair bill if unit is repaired). They also stated that they sold the replacement motor for $114.99 (half the cost of a new unit!!!) Ray

Take a look at this.... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=11596&SearchTerms=easy,out

Kirk, Upon looking at your post, I remembered looking at it. Yep that looks to be the unit. One thought, the units I mentioned come in two flavors...750 lb and 1500 lb rating..using your JBJ and the electric lift do you think the 1500 lb model (even tho it has slower travel rate) would hold up better lifting heavier loads ? Ray

I'm going to contact the Applications Manager there today and ask a few questions. I'll also include a link to that post, maybe we can get those lifts with the posts rotated to the correct position? I'll let you know what I find out....