Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fooled by a seat...

pacodiablo

You would think of all the things to stump one on a tractor, the last would be installing the seat. Well, it certainly has me confused. I took the seat off for easy access to an area I needed to work on. I started to try and put it on when I read the label on the back which pretty much said that it was a "saftey seat" and if it could not feel my butt in it, the PTO would not work. Well, I can't figure out how this thing bolts back on. There is the seat, this little bracket thing and a spring...anyone delt with these before?

A photo would help. Anyway, the spring probably raises the seat and releases (opens) the kill switch. When you sit on the seat, the spring compresses and pushes the switch closed again.