Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hybrid Bee

Scott Salmons

I have the opportunity to buy the back half of a 3416H. Would this be good to build one of the Hybrid tractors like Kents HB-216. Pro's and Con's. Would it be better to wait for a Sundstrand? I also like the hydraulic lift.

Scott, With an 3416H and its Vickers hydro, you could build something very close to what the HB-212 was originally. Only difference would be the cone clutch PTO, if I'm thinking correctly.

I am thinking more of a HB-Vanguard twin 18 or 20! So I would need something that would hold up.

HB-116 Built by SmilinSam Started life as a B-110 now with a Sundstrand Hydro and a 16hp briggs. I was very surprised with the work I did with it and the Johnny bucket in the woods behind my house. never got it above a fast idle all kinds of power. Sorry Sam I got it dirty moving dead trees piles of wet leaves over 1 foot deep and digging out saplings by the roots. Was having to much fun to take time to take pictures. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/UCD/HB-116dirty.JPG[/img]