Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bolens

samson

OK guys, Please don't shun me,but... Went back to lowes to look at that 21 hp {heavest} model. The price was marked down from 1900$ to 1245, asked if I could get any more off and she said sure 10% then filled out a lowes charge card for another 10% off first purchase. Bought the thing for 1049 with tax and two year warr. I can throw the tractor away and keep the motor. Whatdya think?

You may want to check over at the Bolens club to see if anyone has any experience with the newer store models. If you decide to get it, give us a rundown on it's performance and maybe post a pic.

I have been using a 16hp MTD here at our resort to mow grass for the past 7 years. I have replaced one deck spindle, the front axle and the starter gear on the 16hp B&S. I mow about 4 acres with lots of trees, cabins, poles, bushes, etc to trim around so the mowing time is longer than just flat square open lawn. I think it has served me well for the price - $999.00 with a heavy 700lb capacity, 10 cubic foot trailer. Bought it in Denver in 1995. Do I think this one will be running in another 20 years?? NO. Would I buy another one? Ya, if the price was right. Dan

I would say its kind of like a cigarette lighter, you can either use a Zippo and maintain it weekly or by a Bic and use it till its gone then throw it away and buy another!

This bolens is on eBay right now. Didn't know they made an articulating tractor in 1964. Also appears to be shaft drive to the front deck. [img]http://www.halfranksrealty.com/ebay/1.jpg[/img] http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2328134500&category=43562