Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Update on the MTD...

pacodiablo

Well, I know it pales in comparison to a Bolens, Simplicity, MF or AC, but it runs. After 16 years of bad maintaining (the previous owner was not mechanically gifted), I got it to run this morning. It ran good too. The old Briggs seems to be in good shape, but the electrical equipment is downright dangerous. Right now it is lacking sheet metal, but once I get new bolts (the old ones were rusted bad and mis-matched) and some other stuff, it should be pretty complete. Yes, I know, it is no Bolens, Simplicity, etc...but it runs, so I'm happy.

As long as you are happy and are learning about re-building older machines I'd say you are doing well. 8D

saw a 710 6 speed at a show today and the guy was asking $300 for it i thought that would of fit you perfict.

Everyone has to start some where I started with the "cheapy" tractors myself.. But once you go with the Allis Chalmers or Simplicity's you probably won't go back...