Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bolens

samson

Here is a pic of that bolens it seems {not sure that it will take attatchments with elec. lift tiller, plow,grader, 10 plow Etc. Anyway I know its an mtd but like I said I can keep the motor {twin cyl. 21 hp briggs] and scrap the rest.

Roger, I don't think you could buy that engine for the price you paid for the whole thing. What kind of hitch does it have? The web site for Bolens says it can handle ground engaging attachments.

Don't know about the tractor engines, but the newer push mower engines seem to have valve problems. I know someone's who did, put it away after mowing went to start it up next week, No compression! Strange since he was the only one using it. Someone gave my brother an MTD engine to replace the one on his Craftsman, after the connecting rod broke, and put a nice size hole in the engine. All of the craftsman engine parts matched up with the MTD, The Craftsman engine is a Tecumseh which I believe makes the MTD engines. The valves were already fixed once, looks like the valves need fixing again as this engine now has no compression. I am just going to junk it. MTD Can we say, "Made To Die"

sam good luck with the purchase. i worked at our local lowes for over a year in the seasonal dept, all i can say about these tractors is that they serve a purpose, they are in no way a heavy duty unit. Yes they will accept tillers and plows ect, but the tillers are self powerd, and the plows are very flimsy. Not everybody wants or needs to have somthing like a legacy, that tractor if maintained should last some time, and speaking from first hand experience if the thing does blow up in a year take it back to Lowe's and complain that it is junk and they will give you back your money!! good luck john

It doesn't come with a hitch, must be purchased extra. I doubt very much it'll ever go past the mowing stage as the acs and simpl. scan take care of that stuff. I just had to see what the thing will do here in this rock Quarry Randolph Co. NC I try to mow about an acre no more and some times lift the deck and use it as a bush hog in the woods. don'tknow yet if it will handle that but I will up date. by the way if you bought all the attachments it would cost as much as the whole tractor. It does have 12 in. wheels back 9 in front 1 in axle which is heavier than all the other bolens they had there. But heavy duty NO! must go to a simplicity ort ac.