Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Tom_Byrne

Need Advice on a 7016 Hydro

Tom_Byrne
Went to look a 7016 hydro with a Peco vac system and a snow blower today. It's been sitting outside uncovered for about a year. Besides the usual rigor-mortis from sitting out(and bees nest's}:)), it seems the clutch pedal will not move. I released the parking brake and that rod moved OK. The deck is on it so I can't see under it; all the linkage seems OK. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I was going to offer $500.00 for it because it needs a lot of little things(voltage regulator, tires, paint, etc)but that non-moving pedal is making me nervous...

HubbardRA
I think the 7016 is the same as my AC716. Mine is a Sunstrand Hydro. The clutch pedal and brake work the same as on the three speeds. The clutch releases the belt between the BGB and the hydro pump. The clutch pedal has no direct link to the hydro. Check the clutch pedal pivot and all linkage pivots for seizure, same as you would on a 3-speed. You don't even need the clutch pedal to drive the hydro, but you do need this pedal for brakes.

UCD
Tom Most likely just rust on the shaft from non use most clutch/brake pedals don't get used on a hydrostatic. Don't believe clutch/brake on mine has been pushed 5 times in 18 years. Of course a right leg to push it with would help. Some penetrating oil on the shaft and linkage pivot points should do it.

Ishmael2k
I agree, sounds like the shaft may be frozen. In my opinion $500 sounds a little high, especially to start with. Unless you can run it and verify that the hydro is in good shape you may end up with a non-moving vac unit... Just my opinion 8D