Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve hitch for a late mode Sovereign

jdschool

Anyone know where I can get a sleeve hitch (with cable) for a 1996 Sovereign 18 V-Twin? Can anyone tell me if a hitch from an earlier tractor might work, and which models. As always, help is appreciated.

Are you looking for the rear lift or the sleeve/one point hitch? The rear lift is the top part with the cable that attaches to it. The sleeve/one point hitch is the bottom part that the implement hooks to and is lifted by the rear lift. They are still available from Simplicity. You have to order by individual part numbers instead of by kit number. Any of the older rear lifts that have a cable will work. Back to the early 70's. Make sure you get the pully and mount bracket with it. The Sleeve/One Point from the early sovereign & B series will work.

Maynard, thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if the old ones would work on the new tractor.

The cable lifts started with the 3400 series tractors, as did the cone clutches. the 3300 series(1971) had couinter balanced front and rear lifts, lift rods, and belt drive center PTOs.

For a several reasons I just had the dealer piece together a sleeve hitch. The price was approximately 140 dollars. All the parts are still available. It took about 3 weeks for the dealer to locate all the part numbers and then order them. That included waiting for one part that was backordered. The rear cable lift is also available from the dealer. It is much more expensive. I think the dealer quoted me a price of 190 dollars. The rear lift and sleeve hitch are two different items. The sleeve hitch is useless without the rear lift. The rear lift does not need the sleeve hitch to be useful. For example a tiller needs the rear lift to work, but it does not need the sleeve hitch. A rear blade would need both to work. Hope this helps. Rick.........

Rick I have posted the part numbers and prices for the sleeve hitch many times. I had all the part numbers took my dealer about five min. to look them up and check for superceded part numbers. The only one we had a problem was the lift rod Part# 1604349. He had the parts in 3 days. Here are the part #s to order. 1ea part # 1675373 clevis assy. $65.70 1ea part # 1716179 pin hitch $17.75 1ea part # 154304 yoke $7.00 1ea part # 1603816 plate stabilizer $8.85 1ea part # 1604349 lift rod 10.20 you will also need if you want every thing new. 4ea part # 176012 spring clips (Quick pins) 3ea part # 155037 attaching pins 2ea 5/8" x 11 x 2½" bolts and nuts 1 cotter pin 1 paid $109.50 for the five main parts. My dealer threw in the bolts,nuts,pins,sping clips and cotter pin. Alot cheaper than $156.00 plus shipping on ebay. i also picked up a pto drive kit-rear Part #1685225 to clear the belt from the filter for $30.00

UCD, I was aware you had posted the part numbers several times. In fact I gave that list to my dealer. He wanted to confirm all the numbers before he ordered them. Thus he had to look them all up in the parts book. My dealer did not throw in the small parts (bolts,nuts,pins,sping clips and cotter pin). That examples why my price is more than yours. Thanks for posting the part numbers again. I am sure others will need them. Kent, I know you are very busy with the web page (And your work), but to prevent UCD and others from posting the information over and over again, could you have an area that listed the things people ask over and over again. For example paint codes, part numbers, belts, and manuals. That way everyone could find the information quickly. Yes I know there is a search function, but some poeple don't bother to spend the time to search. Rick........

I guess I could have used the search function (and have in the past). I enjoy the discussions that ensue from the questions asked, though I realize that having Maynard answer the same question a couple of times every year might get old.