Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Plowing Tires

MikeDAmico

Hi guys,has anyone ever pulled a 1 bottom or plowed at all with the stock turf tires with or without weights?i plan to use my b-10 soon and if i dont have to spend the extra money for new bar lugs i figure why not use the turf tires that are on it.has anyone had any experiance in this situation?thanks..mike

no experience with the plow mike but the center pic on the home page shows a plow with turf tires and weights. I do know my landlord with weights and chains on turf tires will handle as much or more mud than my b10 with lugs and no weights. Also matters how much "ballast" your parking on the seat. I'm about 180

Have a freind (Bunky) that pulled a plow with I think a Simplicity 3210V with turf treads and no weights.He said it did ok.This was not a Simplicity/AC plow though and I don't think it was as big as the Simplicity/AC plows...

I pulled a David Bradley plow with my 3210V But it was only about a 5-6in plow... it Seem to work good... but my soil is kind of loose no clay....

Last year I pulled a AC plow with the B-10. I had 40lbs weight on each rear turf tire. Used no chains. The first pass worked ok. I tried to make a second pass and the tires loaded up with plowed soil. This year had ag lug treads with the weights and it worked a little better, but would still spin in broken soil. GregB

This is the Putt Putt(1961 Model 700, original engine) with turf tires and weights. I "ballast" out at 275...

I used a 10" plow on the Big Ten and the 912 AC's that I had. Both of them has turf tires, I put both wheel weights on the land wheel and none on the furrow wheel. I also had a set of chains on both wheels. Worked fine no trouble at all. The Big Ten was a 3 speed and I could pull the plow in 2nd gear.

I plowed with a brinley plow with stock tires on my 3416h with no problems. I have fluid and weight.

wowsa worked real nice, do you think you could do that on an established lawn ? These older tractors are much more powerfull then i would have thought, i dont hear of the people i know with new lawn tractors doing thins like this.....learn something every day :)

This spring I put in a garden for a friend's sister. It was lawn to start with. I made one pass with the moldboard plow and three passes with the tiller, and I used the Putt Putt to do it.......

I have a 912H with turn tires. It plows great in gardens that is worked every year but when plowing virgin ground, etc. it needs chains. It does as great job.

My B110 pull the plow ok with stock tires and chains, but no weights in established gardens but not in sod or weeds, I must need weights. -Chris

I used a side plow I made for my 3112h with my balasted turf tires, I could use the hydrolics to push down on the plow and get it into the soil about 8" at a swipe. I also used it to bust sod and had no problems. you could also use chains. (just a thought) Mike

I always used chains on my turfs for plowing with the 9020. Worked fine. I switched to lugged tires when we blacktopped the drive. If you've got chains you're good to go!;)