Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lawn Vacuums

JCS

Finally got the lawn vac I purchased this spring to turn. I had tractor wide open and it really didnt seem to have too much "suck". However I didnt have a hose on the intake just my hand and not to close! Since I need to buy a deck adapter and they are different for 42 and 48 inch decks and I have one of each which one should I use? I intend to use this deck only for leaves in the fall so I will not be taking adapter on/off very much. Do the 42 vs the 48 have more natural lift? Should I get a set of special blades or maybe the four blade hickies (mo-mos) that was on the discussion board awhile back? Should I get plastic simplicity adapter or a generic metal one?

Trac vac makes adapters for these decks. I don`t think that there would be much difference in the amount of lift from either of the two mower decks. Simplicity has high lift blades for these mowers. Ray

I am assuming you have a rear mounted turbo collector? I have one on my 7014 and I am able to mow in 3rd gear unless the grass is pretty high and it will suck up all the clippings without a problem. Never stuck my hand near the hose to see how well it sucks though. I have a 42" deck with the plastic adapter. It isn't a tight fit and I thought that alot of the clippings would get out, but they don't, so that says something about the units suction(no special blades either).

Is it the tractor mounted vac unit? Run off the PTO? If so there should be quite a lot of suction, I use mine as a leaf collector (No roving nozzle yet) by unhooking the pipe to the deck and raking leaves in front of the pipe with the end near the ground. It will take any amount of dry leaves I can pile on it without any problems. With the entire pipe unit off the side of the vac I wouldn't want to get any closer than 6-8 inches as it moves a lot of air and those blades are moving way too fast for comfort. LMK if you need any pics, I have two of the units one complete the other partially disassembled. If it were me I'd pick whichever deck I like the most for mowing and mount the vac adapter to the other.

Hey guys, I've got the plastic deck adapter for the right side discharge decks. I'd be willing to trade for some part I might need or even sell if someone really needs one.

Tractor I'm picking up tomorrow 7119. Has PTO vacuum attachment but no hoses and trailer reciever. Is it cheaper with Trac Vac?