Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jrichason

Unleaded Fuel

jrichason
Do you add additives to your gasoline to lubricate the valves of older machines. I haven't been on my Yeoman, but wonder if I should be. Thank you, John

mowerman1193
No I dont, and I have read several messages asking the same thing.All the other messages had replies that said they dont either... I have never heard of anyone having problems caused by the unleaded fuel.Some say its better and that the don't have to decarbon the head as often...

Bunky
I have never heard of any problems and I never have used Additives...

JBLACK
I have never used additives but every summer when it gets hot I run a tank or two of 110 octane leaded race gas that I use in my muscle car,through it !The octane makes it run cooler and the old 9hp briggs seems to run better. (could be my imagination) smells good too!! The down side is that the stuff is pushing 5.00 a gallon a bit pricey to use very often. John

jrichason
Thanks for the input guys. Guess I won't worry about it either. Have a good night. John

HubbardRA
Even when leaded fuel was available, it was recommended that B/S engines be run on unleaded. Amoco was selling unleaded back in the late 50s/early 60s.

jdschool

I've never had a problem with any of my Kohlers.