Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JBLACK

Replacement engine for B-1?

JBLACK
Now that my 7010 is cutting grass, I`m looking to get my old B1 mobile again any suggestions for an engine? would like to find a bolt in replacement. 7hp, 8hp any body know what will work with out drilling holes, I don`t have the original engine so a rebuild is not an option I have a 10hp briggs but the frame will have to be drilled and I want it to appear stock.?

KenK
I put a 10hp briggs in mine.Had to cut a slot for the flywheel shroud and I made a different generator bracket.Everythig fit under the hood just fine.

thedaddycat
I made a tracing of the cut-outs needed in a 700/725 frame to mount the larger engines. I traced the openings from a frame from a 1964 Landlord. I don't recall who I sent it to, maybe they'll see this post and send it to you....

JBLACK
Just a thought , why couldn`t I just use the 66 land lord front frame section that the engine is in? DUH:o)

Roy
Kirk, You sent the tracing to me. If anyone is interested I could make them a copy (if I can find it).

rokon2813
If you decide on restoration, I'd have to do some measuring but I may have a block to rebuild. Dan

HubbardRA
I put a 10Hp on my 61 Wards at one time without the cut-out. Flattened the shroud with a hammer only slightly and put a couple of washers under the engine. Worked great. I am currently running a 14Hp Kohler on it, still do not have a cut-out.

JimV
I have a perfect 9hp briggs I pulled out of my 63 landlord that will drop right in. let me know if you are interested Jim V.