Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4.50 - 7" Tires

Tragu

I have an old homemade very heavy duty cart with 1" axle and 7" split rims. Trouble is the 4.50 x 7 tires are rotting. The locals tell me this size tire has not been manufactured for several years. TiresUnlimited.com confirmed this. I think these wheels came off an old Yazoo or Gravely rider with the detached seat. Does anyone happen to have a pair of the 7" tires in their junk - er "parts inventory" that you would be willing to part with? Sorry this question doesn't pertain to SimpletrACtors. Thanks, Brent

Brent, I had the same problem with a trailer I had made from some old farm equipment wheels that were 7" with 3 bolt hubs. I found the wheels available at an industrial tire dealer about 10 years ago but they were priced to high. I bought two 8" boat trailer wheels and re-drilled them to fit the 3 bolt hubs on the trailer. The old 7" tire were 2 ply and were dry rotted so they blew out one day I loaded about 500# on the trailer. The boat trailer tires are 6 ply rated 4 ply tires so much better for loading down. Maybe you could do the same. Tim

I been looking high and low for 8" wheels that would work but the 7 inchers are unlike any I have seen before. They are unusual and hard to explain. That's why I have decided to look harder for the tires. Thanks for the reply. Brent

Brent, I had the same problem also and my Lawn mower dealer here in Wisconsin found at a manufacturer in Ohio...The name and address is The Martin Wheel Company Inc. 342 West Avenue Tallmadge, Ohio 44278