Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
BillC

Sundstrand Series 15 Hydro Filter & Fluid Specs

BillC
According to the Simplicity Large Frame Garden Tractors Service & Repair Manual, the Sunstrand series 15 hydrostatic transmission filtration specification is 25 micron (nominal). The circuit flow diagram shows the filter in the suction line between the reservoir and the charge pump. The hydraulic fluid specification is Type A, F or Dextron or Simplicity Multi Purpose Hydraulic Fluid.

jlasater
I surfed the board here a lot before doing a oil/filter change on the hydro in my 716H. The napa guy was able to make an exact crossmatch from the OEM Simplicity filter to a NAPA Gold filter. Worked perfectly.

powermax_paul
I thought the Powermax's were the only tractors that used the Series 15 In-Line hydrostatic unit, but here's a link to Sauer-Danfoss PDF file for that unit. Apparently Sauer Danfoss has dropped the Sunstrand name. [url]http://www.sauer-danfoss.com/domdb/SASproducts.nsf/2dd81f77829d09d086256591004f57d7/4eaf4254049ee5b5862565940053ad6a/$FILE/10006B.pdf[/url] The document has a lot of technical info and gives dimensions of this transmission on page 30.

BLT
Eddy, go to the Simplicity tech pubs noted below. Type in 500 and then look for the number I posted. This might help also. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php TP_500_2518_00_XX_SMA.pdf