Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CCKA and CCKB engines

Tragu

The specs I looked at on the CCKA and CCKB look the same except for the carbruetor. Are the internal speces on crank and bearings also the same? Does adding a carbruetor solely make the HP go from 16 to 19.5? Am I missing something? Tuffy

Hi Tuffy..basically the engines are the same. All the hard parts, crank, rods, pistons and rings are essentially the same. If there is any difference the Spec # (the numbers and letter after the / in the model # will give your dealer all the info he needs to furnish the right parts for your application. Some of the CCKB's had flyweights on the end of the camshaft to retard the spark to the cylinders for higher RPM's. You will see an extended cap at the rear of your engine if yours has the cam with the flyweights. Generally speaking the CCKB was built to run at sustained speeds at a higher rpm than was the CCKA...(3600 continous).. that would account for the difference in HP ratings. An engine capable of running higher RPM's, say 3600 continous as against 3200 continous can be rated at a higher HP. Hope I've answered your question..if not..E-mail me direct and I'll do all I can to help. Bob Wies