Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Turbo collection system.

Hoop2

I realize most questions on here are for the older tractors, but can anyone out there tell me if the turbo collection systems for any of the older machines will fit the AC 1820H or Simplicity Prestige with the 50" mower deck. I priced a new one and don't feel like I want to pay $717. for a new one if any of the older ones will fit.

I believe you are looking for a right discharge vacuum system. The older ones, like mine, are for left discharge mower decks.

This is true it is a right side discharge but some of the older ones had right side discharge. I guess I gave up my 2 best ones I had a Big Ten first and then a 912H but I had wanted a new one for about 35 years and finally bought one.

Which "Older" ones would that be that had the right side deck discharge? I've heard of some of the older tractors having right side drives for the vac systems(I even have a right side BGB PTO pulley on the 2012 project), but not a right side deck discharge.

I guess the ones I was thinking about are not old enough to be shown on this site. I was thinking about the Broadmoor series.

I think you'll find the "older" tractors used rear mounted vac units, while the "newer" tractors use a deck mounted turbo system.

Not sure as I've never seen one, but thinkin I've heard of a few older ones that were right hand discharge, maybe the 300 and 400 AC's that were built as AC's only???? MPH

I guess it's just a matter of definition of what constitutes "Older". I make the split at the 3300 series and back. After that came cone clutches, cable rear lifts, etc but I can see where lots of folks would think of a 30 year old tractor as "older"... LOL Guess I need to bring my thinking up into the last quarter of the twentieth century at least.....

Older Simplicity systems will not work on your new Prestige. You can however look for a used self contained cart/vac system such as Giant Vac or Trac Vac. Make sure it will work for your RH throwing side - some are reversible.

The AC300 and 400 did come with a great right hand discharge deck, complete with height adjustment. Those decks cut as good as other SimpleAllis decks but have the added bonus of the one touch height adjustment, which is the only problem I have with the "regular" Simplicity decks.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to everyone for their input, I think I will continue to use my lawn sweeper, that way I get to drive the tractor more.