Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Amazing what you can find next door

Rahbas

When I was mowing a week ago something caught my eye in the neighbor’s yard in an old barn that is being torn down. After coming to this site for help on my 6216 and looking around I noticed that this "something" looked like an old Simplicity. Needless to say I asked my neighbor if that was an old Simplicity mower. She didn't know. She said it was parked about 10 years ago because it kept throwing mower belts. She said that they were going to set it out by the road and put a free sign on it. Well, I had to ask to evident question. She said, "You’re welcome to it" After an hour of digging it out my 6216 could get enough traction to pull it home. I'm as happy as a kid on Christmas day but it's very rough. The engine turns over. Tires are shot. I blew them up after getting it home and one of the front ones blew and made my wife jump out of her skin :) I can't seem to find any ID sticker on it and I'm having trouble figuring out which model it may be. The engine is a model 19 Type 706035. If anyone knows which model this is I'd really love to download some repair manuals and the manual.

That is a Model 700 for sure. Some tell tale signs are the following: Engine Type, no guard on fender for right side BGB pulley(and I bet no bolt holes in the fender for one either), short steering column, no remote choke, seat style, and though I can't tell for sure that's maybe a bolt together deck? I have a 700, a 725, and a parts 725. Let me know what you need to fix it, or if you want to sell it please keep me in mind at the top of your list. These oldies are my favorites, as you might have seen from my postings........

Sure is a wonderboy 700 or early 700 because of the short steering column.If it is there the sticker with the serial # would be on the seat pan in the middle right behind the seat.Hope you got the hood for it other wise there should be some out there someplace.Most of those engines need new coils to make them run right.Nice free find and goes to show you what you might find next door.

Scott, there is no Allis equivalent to the Simplicity 700, which is what that tractor is.

Because of the mower deck I would say it is a simp 700. Is there any more parts in the barn?? It has a rear lift so there may be a tiller in there plus the missing sheet metal. It looks almost exactly like the one I got for free 1.5 years ago. I cleaned it up and started a restore on it (repainted the front rims w/new tires but the spindles were wore out) I also pulled the engine but the cylinder in the model 19 magnamatic was out of round. I recently got another model 19 (complete) and may try to have a better look at it because it will bolt right in. Good luck on your new find! JH

I know what you mean about things being next door my neighbor has a Homelite 8hp... I have been thinking of asking if he want to sell it.. It hasn't ran since they moved in 2 summers ago...

Thanks for all the replies. This should help me in figuring out how I'll get it going again. I didn't spend much time on it today due to making brackets for some barbell wheel weights for the 6216. I seen the neighbor again today that gave it to me and asked again if there was any other parts for it. He said that the hood had been missing for some time. Hopefully I can find one. Is the Portland, IN show in August a good place to find parts? I'm pretty close to Portland. Also have a show coming up in August in Eaton. Don't know how many.if any Simplicity parts would be there though.

The Portland swap meet in May is the one with all the parts and tractors for sale. The show in August is more of a show than a swap meet. You might get lucky though. There are always items for sale. Brent