Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Abrupt Stop on a Deere - look

Brent_Baumer

Sam's post about no brakes on the Homelite reminded me of this. Don't know for sure what happened (my co-worker, and operator of this machine doesn't like to talk about it). Just know he came to a very abrupt stop and went flying through the windshield. He was unharmed. Can't say the same for the tractor though. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/Brent_Baumer/deere.jpg[/img] [img]

OUCH! Maybe he hit the brakes to hard? With all these things happening, I was thinking of making a roll bar, and adding a seat belt for the B-110. The roll bar idea came to mind a few weeks ago, as I thought it would be an excellent place to mount warning flashers, for when I do take it on the road.

In the mid 70's I was stationed in England with the Air Force and bought a new 78 MGB. People kept telling me I needed to put a roll bar on it. I told them the object of the game was to not roll over.^ Dan

I took my B110 on a a two lane highway and got pulled over. Someone stole my orange triangle off the back, this was unknown to me at the time, the officer didn't give me a ticket but I don't know that he even could of, he's the local juvenile officer for the schools. I did have a friend follow me in his truck with his flashers on, but that was in my crazy high school days so I guess that sums it up. I do not reccommend that a small lawn or garden tractor be driven on a highway at all, not even when trying to mow a road ditch, its too dangerous. I use only a push mower in my ditch now. -Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Stanchak
OUCH! Maybe he hit the brakes to hard? With all these things happening, I was thinking of making a roll bar, and adding a seat belt for the B-110. The roll bar idea came to mind a few weeks ago, as I thought it would be an excellent place to mount warning flashers, for when I do take it on the road.
Actually, I've been toying with the roll bar idea myself. Just havent figured out how I could mount it and still allow the seat deck to lift. Steve