Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electrical problems

bigcountry

I've been out mowing on my 4211 and my neighbor comes over to talk. After that I go back to crank it up and nothing happens. Every now and then I'll hear the solenoid click, but nothing else. I don't know what to look at, I checked all the connections, I didn't test the battery yet, and it's only 3 months old, I think that there could be a short in between the starter and the solenoid, but some help would be much appreciated.

This sounds a little like my recent post. I changed my circuit breaker and it fixed everything. I had a similar problem once before, and I found that the headlight switch was grounding to the frame causing the breaker to throw. Good luck.

It could also be one of the safety switches ie: under the seat, the nuetral switch, the pto switch. Mel_W

Recent new batterey - try cleaning the battery posts. Don't know why but often when you put in a new battery the terminals do funny things. Dan

It couldn't be the seat switch because it's been disabled. It's a manual PTO, and the shifter is in neutral. Now I didn't know that it had a circuit breaker, I thought they just had fuses.

My 710 is doing the same thing. Used it last week all was fine, went out yesterday and got the click. Didn't have time to completely check it out but I did check battery voltage, it was 11.3 so I think my problem is the battery.