Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dirty allis

KenK

Here's what a buddy of mine found for me the other day.

HB-112,use to be my buddies tractor but he sold it to his neighbor about 15 years ago. The guy he got it from has 3 or 4 more allis tractors sitting in the barn.All round hooded models.The old farmer he got it from doesn't get rid of anything.Only because my buddy was the previous owner that we got it.Here it is after the first cleaning.

The hood, left front wheel and grill will be coming,he just can't find it right now, but he thought he knew were it was. I did file the points a little and dumped some gas in and it did start.Carb needs major attention and there is no left side panel.All in all $75 wasn't to bad.:D

Sounds like a good deal. That engine isn't original being that its painted gold is it? Maybe if you're persistent you can talk the guy into selling some of the others. I sure love those foot draggers! -Chris

No, that's not the original engine. Can't remember the years for sure (I believe it was the mid 70's through the early 80's), but this was the color of Briggs cast iron replacement engines. They were originally black, then had a few years of this copper or gold color, then they ran gray, red, and black, concurrently Pat

Pat, I have a mid 70'2 10 b/s that was sold by montgomery-ward(has a m-w decal on it) that is that same copper color, which is why I thought it might have been a m-w's replacement. I wasn't aware that this was a stock b/s replacement engine color. I guess I learned something new today.:):p:I

Reed, Some OEM's used standard Briggs engines, as opposed to ordering a special color, horsepower, rpm, etc., and those would be the copper colored engines of that era. Most of those that I see here, are on grain augers. Some of those OEM's painted the engine when they painted their product, after installing the engine. I see this as the machine ages and the OEM paint starts peeling off. Pat

The engine is a 1970 by looking at the engine #s.The guy that picked it up for me had replaced it before he sold it.He works at a farmers co-op and said the engine came off an auger.

I had a 7 HP B&S vertical shaft engine that was copper colored. It had came of a road sander. Ken, that tractor was pretty dirty, I couldn't tell the front left rim was red, or the engine was copper colored until you hosed it off. BTW, are you using that old washing machine in the back ground as a parts washer? Just curious.;)

What does the one red front wheel mean. My b12 has two red wheels on the front. I figured that they were off of a Simplicity.? Did some of the allis's come with Red Wheels?

Looks to be in fairly good shape..Got a good deal too.Be nice if you could talk him out of the old rounded hood ones...