Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I got a freebie

MPH

Local junk man made this up to pull behind his 3 wheeler, was glad to find it a home, guess who gave it one..MPH

ts a homemade harrow, rather crude, railroad spikes were used for harrow spikes and pretty rough workmanship, but the price was right, I did an equally crude quickie job of hanging it on my only tool bar and though its narrow on the 4040 it did a job on the small weeds sprouting up in my "south 40"..MPH

Hey Marty: My moto: If it's free, it's for me! Nice one. Hey--it actually looks like the ground is dry in Alaska...what's that like? Rains every day here in NYS--I haven't even gotten my boat summerized or in yet. Nor the garden--rain, rain and more rain. Happily, the lettuce that bolted last year, late, came up all by itself and we've been eating it like rabbits for a month and half. Peter

Slow learner i am, I ruined my driveway with a harrow, though they level nicely they also loosen the soil......I "leveled" the driveway and the rain washed it away for me..... That is why when you get your dirt or gravel drive filled in you should pack it...I did mine with a nice little d3. 2cents Marty have you seen any good northern lights recently? got your wood cut for next winter?:) Doug

Doug, the only northern lite this time of the year is 24 hr sunlite. Winters wood cut??don't even have last winters leftover restacked that fellover when the new gravel pad I had built in oct thawed and sank. Not getting much done at home on my one day off after working in Delta 6 days/week, pretty much just do something for playtime with a tractor thats running, my 725's still's a pile of painted tin and bolts. Hate to admitt it but 60 hours of building concrete forms, climbing around in lose rocks leaves me pretty well sapped.. Rob, not sure where they are, but on a trip to Nebr when my sons were young brought a toyota station wagon over loaded with them things home from my sis's farm.MPH