Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Elmodee

Cheap Simplicity not a misprint

Elmodee
This add was in todays Sacramento Bee SIMPLICITY Lawn tractor 16hp, mower & tiller, $50 (530) 677-8463 needless to say the first caller bought it. I talked to the wife and she said it ran well but the belts kept coming off and her husband got mad at it. I sure wish I had been the first caller.

grandpawrichard
I've narrowly missed two deals like that in the past year! One was for a Free Simplicity 7016 and all the Implements! In the time that it took me to hook up the trailer and drive the 35 miles, I missed it! In fact the guy was just loading it onto his trailer! The people were giving it away because it wouldn't run. The guy that beat me to it put a new sparkplug in it, drained the gas tank and put in new gas, and adjusted the carb, as well as putting a battery in it. Then he DROVE it on to his trailer! I know, because I stood there with tears in my eyes! The people that gave it away were steamed! But not as much as I was! Hope that you all have a Happy New Year! Dick

tej
Well I paid $100 for my B12, mower deck, dozer blade, and extra pair of rear wheels with dual adapters. The engine had been run with out oil and threw the rod. Cost me $70.00 for a crankshaft, connecting rod, and some governer parts (in 1973). After rebuilding the engine and repainting the tractor I had about $200.00 invested. The B12 was only about 6 years old at that time so that was a very good price. Tim

BrianS
I search daily for such a deal. The closest I ever came was my 1966 Landlord with a tiller that I got for $500. I know how mad the guy was at the tractor. When I first got my AC 912H, my first tractor, I couldn't keep a mower belt on it to save myself, but after a year I got that fixed and the tractor has beed great. I hope sometime I can save someone the grief and take a nasty old tractor off their hands.