Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

917 - fluid & manual questions

MasterChief

Sure enjoying my Christmas present....my almost new 22 year old (1981 with 100hrs!) 917....but have some questions: #1) How much oil and what type should be in the "middle" gear box, the one with the strange little dipstick? #2) What about the "rear" hydralic/transmission box, how much and what type of fluid? #3) Where can I get manuals for my 917, it's deck and the tiller so I don't have to aske these basic questions. #4) My schedule didn't allow me to attend but, did anyone get to the Wisconsin meeting in Rhinelander last week? Any pictures? Thanks much and regards, Denny

I didn't get to go but the photos are under EVENTS & GATHERINGS It looked like a lot of fun.

This site has all the Manuals you could ever want. This will require some time and effort on your part Use Part# 100,200,300, ETC. to 900.Then you will have to scroll thought the list to find the one you want. They all have discriptions. All of the repair manuals are here. Part# 100 OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 200 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS,OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 300 DEALER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS Part# 400 PARTS MANUALS Part# 500 REPAIR MANUALS Part# 600 Safety Section,INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Part# 700 Neutral Adjustment Guide,Electrical Information Manual, Product Service Bulletin Book Part# 800 Misc. Part# 900 Service Bulletin Book,Limited Warranty Simplicity Technical Publications Document Search Engine. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php

Thanks for the manual and event informations and locations folks! Until I get my manuals, can someone help me with the fluid types and levels? thanks, Denny

Denny All of the information any one is looking for can be found by doing a search of the Forums. You Can download the manuals from the site posted above. It will require that you put some of your time into it (Looking them up & Downloading) The three fluids you will find in your tractor are. Motor oil. 80-90w Gear Lube. Automatic Transmission Fluid, ATF, Dexron/Mircon. To change the Hydro fluid you will need the manual for the correct procedure. (Or do a search, that has been posted here )
See this post
All Forums/General Discussions/Shop Talk [url="http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11716"]Transmission & Gearbox Lubrication Charts[/url]