Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
pacodiablo

Dumb Question

KSever
Not Dumb Question I change mine once a month if it needs it or not. Having these old tractors it seems that you can get a little rust in the gas tank and it works it's way down to the filter.

thedaddycat
On the Putt Putt I have the old style glass bowl filter right below the tank. I also put in a shut off valve downstream of that and a plastic cartrige filter between the valve and the carb. The bowl catches a lot and the second one gets the rest, I hope....

HubbardRA
Most times I get lazy and don't change them often enough, which can sometimes cause problems. It is easier to change them on a regular schedule than to have problems in the middle of a big job.

mowerman1193
That depends on what kind of tractor its on...If its a box store brand it probably wont last long enough to worry about the fuel filter:D:D Sorry I couldn't resist,LOL I usually change mine yearly

pacodiablo
LOL. Yeah, it is a POS. But the engine is good, and I am debadging it. Once I am done painting it, it will look a lot better. When I get my manual for it, I will get to work on the oil leak and general clean up of the engine.

Stoneheartfarm
quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
On the Putt Putt I have the old style glass bowl filter right below the tank. I also put in a shut off valve downstream of that and a plastic cartrige filter between the valve and the carb. The bowl catches a lot and the second one gets the rest, I hope....
Have you seen the inline glass ones from Fram? I put one on my old truck. The case is glass and the filter inside is clearly visible, so you can see what kind of junk is laying in there. Steve