Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

schaefer72

powermax - can i run loader off tractor hyd. ?

schaefer72
hi - a question for the powermax experts - is it possible or wise to tapp into and run a front loader off the tractor hydraulic lines ? - will they have enough flow ? - will it harm the tractors hydraulic pump - i figure it will slow things if i was moving the tractor and loader at the same time - the reason im asking is my loader is run off a pump mounted under the front off the front pto - to use a mower or sickle i must remove the pump and mount to attach the pulley setup for a mower - its a real pain ! - what have others done for this problem ? thanks alot

StanD
The system does not have enough capacity or pressuse to run the loader. The best solution to your dilema is to buy more Powermax,s, 1 for loader, 1 for for mower, l for snowblower, & 1 for tiller, & maybe 1 or 2 more for odd jobs & spares. StanD

cuda70
on my 620 i put a double pully on the front clutch an then put a hyd. pump on the side of the engine with its own belt.now i can run loader and mower at the same time.plus the pump also runs the power steering. wen not using mower i just take the belt tension off

yardarm
This is a pic of my rear pump. There is a stub pto shaft welded to a 1/2" keyed shaft with a lovejoy between that and the pump. mike [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/yardarm/DSC01044_2.jpg[/img]