Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
IronPony

Sunstar on eBay

IronPony
Saw this Simplicity Sunstar on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2331175392&category=43562 and was wondering how it stacks up next to my AC712? I am a neophite and am still trying to get a handle on where each model tractor lines up. Is the Sunstar considered a large frame tractor? Even with the 20hp kohler in it can it really do any more work than my 12hp AC?? I would like to have the 60" deck but otherwise I don't see this sunstar as any better than my current AC712|) Dan

UCD
Dan The SunStar was the replacement for the pow'r max. It is larger than the 7000 or 7100 series tractors but not quite as big as a pow'r max. They use drive shaft powered attachments. I don't know if they can do more than your 712 but they can do it faster. attachments are more expensive. They do have a 3 point hitch available for them.

BLT
Dan it's a pre '94 vintage. Mine has a 20HP Command OHV and that's about a '94 according to engine S/N. It has power up the ying yang, power options I like, but depending how much you want to get out of it the attachments are pricey. All I would want for mine is a snow plow if it comes around cheap. I bought mine real cheap, need it like a fifth hole in the head but, what the heck, it's a Simplicity.