Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
pacodiablo

Pics of the MTD...

pacodiablo
Well, here is the POS! LOL. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/pacodiablo/2.jpg[/img] The B&S...Industrial/Commercial w/ "Quiet Package." [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/pacodiablo/3.jpg[/img] Rust repair... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/pacodiablo/5.jpg[/img] The MTD had an accident...who knows where it came from... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/pacodiablo/4.jpg[/img] Finally, my pride and almost finished joy...the McCulloch... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/pacodiablo/6.jpg[/img]

IronPony
Hey! I use an MTD that is 8 years old to mow about 3 to 4 acres of grass. Not a Simplicity or an AC but it does the job. You may want to check the front axle spindles for elongated holes on the axle. I had to replace the front axle on mine. Dan

mowerman1193
I had a MTD too but I sold it last year..That thing would really cut the grass.It would cut the grass as fast as the tractor would go and not miss a blade of grass..of course I never mowed like that but one time for a few feet just playing around..I put a multch kit in it and it would make the leaves disapear in one pass..I kinda wish I would have kept it for that reason,but I ran out of room to store it...

Nick
Well, it dosen't look that bad, It looks like a good tractor to practice repairs on. I believe the neighbor down the street has the same tractor, except it is a Montgomery Wards. Its not running, but probably only needs carb work. If your gas tank was a little smaller, I bet it would fit my B-110. He also has a Non Running David Bradley Rider. I'm not so sure though, looks like a minature farm tractor, what today you would call a sub-compact.

Chris727
Personally I think an MTD would be all right if used lightly and well maintained but the truth is most people who buy an MTD simply want a cheap mower to cut their grass with no understanding of maintenance or care. Their not built to take much abuse, thats why many of them are in the junk pile. So many people who go to my friend's shop say "Its a piece of junk (2001 model)I don't care how it runs as long as I cut the grass, I'll buy a new one next year." Not realizing if they cared for them they might last. Its a throwaway society, I heard today of a guy taking a case 444 to a scrapyard! -Chris

pacodiablo
Yeah, this one was not maintained at all. It has never seen as much care as it is getting now. The previous owner was TERRIBLE at repairs. I just hope I have the room and time to do all the work I want to do to this little tractor.

snapper1650
quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
...Its a throwaway society, I heard today of a guy taking a case 444 to a scrapyard! -Chris
Oh man!!!! Did you go and try to find it??

snapper1650
quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
Billy, I figured the case was long gone, I guess the guy at whatever scrap yard it went to would have kept a fine machine like that for himself. -Chris
Don't you know it!! Those situations make a guy wanna cry...

sask
Where I live they still operate the old style rural dumps where I can go and pick through whatever has been thrown out. Better yet, I have a good relationship with the man that runs the dump. I can now "put in an order" with him regarding the kinds of things I am looking for, and he calls me when he sees something I might be interested come in. He has so much of his own stuff that he has salvaged, he rarely wants anything more for himself. He'll even deliver it to my place if he happens to be driving my way the day something I want gets dumped off.

Nick
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
Nick; that neighbor wouldnt wanna sell that non running David Bradley would he?
I doubt it.Not even sure if it's a Davis Bradley. It's tarped. It's actually his daughters house where its at, used to be his house, but gave the house it to her.