Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I hope you guys are right.....

thedaddycat

OK, I've taken the advice about OEM belts and I've listened to the same advice about OEM filters for the hydro units, but what is so special about this filter for the Vickers hydro that makes it cost $28.77 plus tax??? On the receipt it's listed as: MFG ALTERNATE 725501 SIM 166147 (1) ELEMENT FILTER F 28.77

While there I picked up a carb kit for the 3310 H so I could replace the destroyed main jet. I also got new keys for both the differential gear and the differential carrier since both were showing some wear. BTW, does anyone know what this bracket sticking up by the S/G is for?

I was going to get a new set of mower blades for the 42" deck on the B-112. The OEM blades were $13 and change, Gators were $15 and change but would have to be ordered. I hemmed and hawed a bit before deciding to try the Gators. Well wouldn't you know it, there was a set sitting on the shelf that had been ordered quite a while ago and never got picked up. It must have been fate..... BTW, I am SOOO glad I got a spare deck belt when I picked up all those belts a few weeks back. That's the old one broke in TWO places, not just one!! Maynard, I copied and printed your post and did indeed "Educate" them about the 42" deck being available on the B-112.... LOL I picked up another spare deck belt, too.

I also got a carb rebuild kit for the B-112, and added the fuel shutoff valve and filter to it. Look Ma, no more duck tape!!!

I don't think you can go wrong with original belts. I have been extremly happy with mine. JH

stick an eye bolt in that bracket to carry the twist handle for the spout on a snow blower

Guess I was thinking the same thing as Dan...I dont know if thats what its really for but it kinda reminds me of that on the older Landlord I have...

The bracket should have an eyebolt in it and it is for the blade direction rod of the 46" dozer blade. This bracket was used on the 1971 tractors. Could also be for the spout rotator rod already mentioned. It is part no 50 in this manual: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_200_3668_00_AT_S.pdf

I just paid $15. each for blades for the 48" deck on my Sov. The bracket looks like the one on my 716, for the angle adjustable snow blade.

OK, thanks. I was wondering why I was having a problem with the angle adjustment handle bracket I put on the 3310 V, guess now I know(it was the wrong one). Just one more example of the 3300 series being "different".....

I'll try to list what I have by how long I've owned them.... 3310 V, Landlord, Putt Putt(Sim 700), 2 Sim 725's, 2012, Serf 515, 7114, 2 Broadmores(early 60's vintage), B-112, 3310 H, 4210, and the two I got on eBay(3416 H, Big Ten) that I still have to pick up.... I had this RBT(3310 V) before I had any other Simplicity or Allis tractors, did a little bit of work on it, too...... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9703&SearchTerms=cross,plate http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9666&SearchTerms=cross,plate http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=7600&SearchTerms=cross,plate http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9173&SearchTerms=cross,plate http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9492&SearchTerms=cross,plate http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=9147&SearchTerms=cross,plate

Just and FYI - I put a fuel filter in the same location on my b-110, thing would stall out at irregular intervals. I'd have to undo the fuel line from the filter and it would start right up. I took the filter off and haven't had the problem since (knock on wood). It always seemed to happen when the chamber of the filter was full of gas; if it was about half full, the engine ran fine. Dunno-----------

I have been buying the old Blue Belts at TSC but I think from now on unless there's a big price difference $10.00 or more I'm gonna Buy the Simplicity belts... As far as the filter.. I think your paying for the Simplicty Name... I bought a simplicty filter for my 7016H but from now on i think I will Buy the Napa Filter.. There has been alot of talk about the Napa Filters... And Someone is Building the Filters for Simplicty I'm pretty Sure...

I kind of thought the same thing. That filter has nothing but a rubber gasket at each end and a perforated steel cage with the pleated element inside it. Thirty bucks is a lot of money for something that simple, it seems.... There are no questions about bypass valves, threaded connectors, etc. this thing doesn't even have a canister.

the pourousness or filtering ability of the pleated element and how much of it there is is what matters on that type of filter. To put it in simple terms; If the paper is too "dense" it won't let oil through fast enough. It may work ok but it may also starve your system.

I have found that Wix/NAPA filters are mfg. to OEM specs if a filter crosses to a wix/napa filter it meets all of that OEM's specs. There are Wix/NAPA filters that only fit one application because of that OEM's specs. They also have Filters that have a number of applications and they meet or exceed all of those OEM's specs. Stay away from a Filter MFG that lists a hundred applications for the same filter #. Just because it has the correct size threads and the gasket seal is the same size doesn't mean it has the correct type and material filter media or has the right bypass vales or anti-siphon valves. In my garage I had 2 filters that looked exactly alike just different numbers one had about 10 applications and the other only had one which told me there was something special about this filter that the OEM required and no one else did.

I have to say that I agree with UCD.I dont have a hydro tractor but if I did I think I would use the origial filter or one that meets OEM specs.After all how often do you have to change them?Hydro's IMO are not cheap to fix if you burn up something..

Just poking around and noticed the fuel filter placement on the picture or the B-112 above. I put a filter on my 3416, but I put it close to the tank, almost out of sight, and ABOVE the carb. Have had no problems at all. Thought I'd share that. Craig

daddycat, I just now read that list. You trying for one of each? If so I got a 6010, a 608 rbt, a 608 fdt, a b10 and a 811t you could add to it. LOL nice collection, how many of em run?

Three run right now, two are close and at least two are for parts only. The rest??? Well......... Let's just say I'd rather take my time than shortcuts.

Napa filters are made my Wix. A Wix filter is hard to beat. If they have the application listed then I would not be afraid to use the Wix or Napa filter. I used to sell them and they are great filters. If in doubt, ask to look at the BUYERS GUIDE and It will give you the technical break down and the specs.