Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not free, but cheap.....

thedaddycat

I picked up another tractor today, A JC Penny "Grass Handler" with a 12 horse Briggs undoubtedly made by MTD. Though it has to be started by jumping across the solenoid terminals, it does start, runs good, drives, heck it even mows(though not very well). I figure the engine is worth the $75 I paid for it.

Oh yeah, this came with it as part of the deal.....

Is this OEM or is it a "Custom" footpad???

that pedal is oem and also pitb. pain in the butt. Ive got a couple of them and its a pain to rock your foot that far to lock it over the running board

My tractor is EXACTLY like the top one but it is a Lowe's branded model and a different color. In addition, my tractor has an additional .5 HP. Yes it is made by MTD. Does it have the B&S I/C Quiet engine? If so, I will buy the carb from you! That Simplicity looks nice! Good find for $75!

Nice find Kirk,I never heard of a 4210 though...I thought they just had the 4208,4211,and 4212.Yes those peddles can be a pain expecially when your foot is wet...I think they look kinda cool though..

I guess it's a matter of personal taste, but I don't care for that style of tractor at all. This one will be parted out unless someone wants to buy it whole.... Paco, that's just a regular Briggs I/C cast iron sleeved 12 horse, Model 283707. No quiet package. The drive system is the same "Transmatic" 7 speed that was on my old Wizard and the neighbor's Agway, probably all made by MTD....

The MTD/Sears? I will take the carb. Also, on the steering wheel center cap, is there anything written there, or is it blank? If it is blank I will buy that too. Also, the throttle cable assembly. Let me know if you part it. The tractor itself appears to be in better shape than mine, but the mowing deck on mine seems to be in better shape than the one on yours.

Damnit, I want some $75 tractors! All of the ones around here are no less than $300 - EACH! It makes me so mad.

Sorry Paco, I was talking about parting out the 4210. I think one of my neighbors will buy the JC Penny as is, so unless you want the whole tractor..... If he doesn't want it, I have a commercial walk behind mower with a Briggs 11 horse(pull start) that I might swap engines on. I'll keep my eyes open for a carb for you though, OK?

Alright, thanks. If you need some parts, I may have leftovers...I posted some in the for sale section. What state are you in? I would take the Simplicity whole if you are in NC and the price is good...

BTW - The MTDs we own are the same as the very popular Yard Machines tractors by MTD, they just have different sheetmetal.

I'll be making a run down to southern Jersey and PA to pick up a revitalizer and the 3416 H in a few weeks. Can you make it up there fron NC? If so, I'd be willing to bring either one or both of these tractors if we can make a deal... PM me

Glad to see someone get another good deal:Dand your gona get rid of the 4210[:0] I would like to have it. Stormy

daddycat on the simplicity there are 2 smaller wheels close together on the mower deck,they are right behind the exit shoot, do you know what these are for ? just trying to learn a little

This deck does not have the full width rollers like the ones I'm used to, just the smaller ones. Like I said, it's a matter of personal preference and I prefer the horizontal shaft engine tractors. I don't care for the flat hoods either, even though I have some.....

To bad your not going through northwest Ohio. I would do my best to give a little something for the 4210. I'm only a few blocks from exit 159 on I-75

Yes I agree I like the full length Rolers better, I have used the 2 rollers side by side. and they work alright... just a matter of preference.. I also like the Horizontal shaft tractors better....

I am going through NW Ohio, in about mid July on the way to visit my folks. I'll post more info on that trip later and maybe I can arrange to transport some stuff for folks on that trip.

Tried to talk my mother into buying 4210, from you. But she said no. It was hard enough to get her to let me bring home the b-110.

• 3 weeks later...
Daddycat Was talking w/a simple fellow, who "claims," aren't too many 4210's. Don't know if he meant left or made. Said he saw some collector recently buy a mint one, in original condition, at a local farm auction, for $4,800.00!! Ouch!