Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
McGill

40 miles a day

McGill
Could a powermax handle 40 miles of highway driving per day to carevan across Iowa on a 5 day trip?

iweld
I would say yes, if everything is "up to snuff", but you're going to waste a lot of gasoline. It couldn't be any worse than mowing all day in the middle of June. Just keep an eye on the trans. temp. What is the point of this excursion? If I may ask?

BLT
I'd plan on a least one oil change, but then go for it. I wouldn't even be bothered with transmission temperature unless you're pulling something heavy. At about 8 mph per hour engine running wide open is about what you are looking at.

pacodiablo
You are driving a tractor that far? Take oil.

CarlH
Time for the RAGBRAI?

Bunky
I would think it would be ok and sounds like a Fun Drive to Me... Just like stated above just check everything out before hand....

IronPony
Will you be posting some pics of this caravan? I sure hope so:) What is the route you will be taking? And the dates. Have fun. Dan

stormy2163
Sounds like a plan about to take form.Have fun.Be safe. Stormy

McGill
Actually, the tractor ride across Iowa has taken place. I happened to be in Morning Sun, Iowa when 450 antique tractors came through town. Got me to thinking, Could a garden tractor make the trip next year?

stormy2163
Go for it. Stormy

dieselman
a guy drove a deere compact on it this year. It is verry hard to get on the ride. the WHO ride ended in my home town of sigourney today. I had to make the long treck of 1 mile with my restored B John Deere to see all the tractors.

jlasater
Might eye some taller rear tires as well, to get a bit more speed.