Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Looking For Manual

Telme2

I have a Simplicity 7117 L&G tractor and just purchased a 46" Sickle Bar mower and don't know if I have all the mounting parts . I was wondering if someone had a manual or know where I could get one as Simplicity doesn't show any at their site. I bought it from a dealer and they could not give me any info. I don't know where this one mounts. The 36" Sickle Bar mounts in the center but this one is different. The model # is 406, serial# 180615A, made by Haban Manufacturing of Racine Wisconsin.

I know that the sickle bar mowers I have drive off the right side(smaller) pulley on the center PTO(belt drive PTO, 3300 series and earlier). The 7117 would have a cone clutch and be set up differently. I'm not sure they could run a sickle bar, but may be wrong. I have a sickle bar manual but it's for the 990210 unit.

This site has all the Manuals you could ever want. This will require some time and effort on your part Use Part# 100,200,300, ETC. to 900.Then you will have to scroll thought the list to find the one you want. They all have discriptions. All of the repair manuals are here. Part# 100 OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 200 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS,OPERATOR'S MANUALS Part# 300 DEALER SETUP INSTRUCTIONS Part# 400 PARTS MANUALS Part# 500 REPAIR MANUALS Part# 600 Safety Section,INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Part# 700 Neutral Adjustment Guide,Electrical Information Manual, Product Service Bulletin Book Part# 800 Misc. Part# 900 Service Bulletin Book,Limited Warranty Simplicity Technical Publications Document Search Engine. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php

Sicklebar mowers can be used on RBT's. They mount in the center in place of the rotary mower deck. Dutch had one mounted on his 7016-6 with a weed cutter up front. (Picture in a posting) Do a search using the word sickle and check the box to search the archives. There is lots to read. Also use the header section above, go to Simple Tractors and look around there also. Lots of info on what fits, attachments avaiable etc. Good luck, spend some time searching, a lot of information is already posted here for all to use. GregB

• 2 weeks later...
I found out how this sickle bar mower mounts, but found out that I'm missing some mounting brackets: One that mounts on the rear of the tractor(I don't know what it looks like) one that holds pressure on the sickle bar to keep it down( it has a chain and spring on a rod ) and the mounting pins(3/4" round).I tryed to track down Haban Manufacturing in Racine Wisconsin but they were bought out and that is as far as I got. I had a B210 with a sickle bar but it was a toy compared to this one. I'll post a picture of it when my daughter comes down with her camera. I cannot find ony info about it at the Simplicity site. Has any one else had one of these?

The weight of the mower keeps it down the only hitch points are the two in front where the mower deck mounts and the lift point where the cable or chain depending on tractor hooks. You sure you have a mower for a Simplicity?

• 5 weeks later...

Here is the picture of the sickle bar mower that I bought that was used on a 7117. Here also is a picture of the yard sprayer that I made and installed on my 410.(10 ft spray)

If you go to Yahoo groups, there are some manuals listed in the Haban area. I have downloaded a few and they aren't too bad. IF the tension spring is too tight, it will bounce. The chain/spring should have a cam unit that will raise and lower it from transport to working heights. I have on mounted on my 700 and can take some photos if you need.

That does not look like either of my Simplicity or Allis sickle bar mowers or my other Haban sickle bar mower. It does look like it'd work just fine, though.

I Was going to say that it don't look like any I have seen and doesn't look like any in the manuals I have for them. there is no hitch assy. for the simplicity/Allis Chalmers tractors. It looks like it is bolted to the frame in front and is driven fron a front pto. All of the simplicity/Allis Chalmers moweres I believe a driven from the mid pto.

I don't have the spring that mounts to the chain, also the bar that the chain goes over is missing. I guess I'll try Yahoo for the manuals and then make up some parts. I'll let you all know how I make out. Could you take some photos of the rear mount and the side tensioner. Thanks

The rear mount pictures that I want is for the Haban sickle mower that Agricola has mounted on the 700. I hope that I can use this mower as there is not a lot of older AC equipment for sale up here. I'm looking for a reel mower but those are hard to find. This AC Club is as good as the tractors!