Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

So what did I buy?

Forgefan

Hello Everyone, I am new here but really enjoying the site. I just bought this beauty online and am looking for more information and feedback on what exactly it is, year, model, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/view/allalbums.asp?s=cano&u=1769849

Welcome to club Click on simpletractors in the menu bar at the top and you will find more info than you can read in one day on these tractors.

It all worked out pretty well. I have 2 brother who collect and rebuild all sizes of tractors. My older brother has the exact or similar tractor which not a week ago I said would be perfect for my yard. He called me 2 days later and told me he knew where i could find one cheap. I landed the bid and am picking it up on Friday. I need to start by cleaning it up and getting a general assessment of what is needed for restoration. After that I will start with a sandblast, new coat of paint and decals and hopefully add a light set while doing a engine restoration or new one. This may be just pipe dreams but I would like to get this tractor back into stock shape and enter some shows. But all the while this one will be cutting grass and hauling carts. Aah tractors, is there anything they can't do?

I grew up driving 16-20 hp Case Ingersolls with all the accessories, tillers, plows, blowers, mowers and brush hogs. I live in the city presently and have not had need for a tractor until now. I have a 14 year old son who is ecstatic about the new equipment. We are getting a dump cart at the same time that will make yard work a lot easier. Can you guess that I can't wait for Friday to get here! 8D

Seens it dont seem to have the side panels on it below the dash I and I dont see a Starter/Genorator would guess it to be a 1965-1966 Broadmoor MFG# 990288... You can take that MFG# and go to this link below and look at the manuals for it. I have 3 of them Broadmoors two 717's and a parts 707,plus a newer model 728...They are a little tractor but can do most of the jobs the bigger Landlord style tractors can do..I am in the process of restoring one of the 717's

i own two of these. i would gess this one is a simplicity broadmoor year 1966?? i just got done restoring one exactly like it with the starter generator. my mfg# is 990287 and 990288. i picked it up out of some guys barn for free.