Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Most sought after accessories

Forgefan

Based upon what I've read, I would say: - Mower deck (obviously) - Snowplow or snowblower - Tiller - Vaccuum bagger I've only got a mower deck, snowplow and a vaccuum bagger.

In my opinion that is a matter of wording. I would agree the ones listed above would be the most popular as well as the most abundant. I would say the most sought after are the ones hardest to find. Those are the ones I seek. ie a sickle bar, a forklift, a weed cutter etc. The ones listed above are not sought after, you can pick them up pretty much any time for a price.

Fork lift Post hole digger Weed cutter trencher Chipper shreader those are the hard ones to find also cultivators garden plows grader blade snow cabs Johnny buckets bucket loaders Wheel weights Wheel chains

Used to want a post hole digger but I expect it wouldn't work very well. They looked to be heavier than the tractor, and probably underpowered. The only attachment I don't have that I'm willing to spend good $ on is a front mounted weedcutter. I'd like to have a johnny bucket too but they are not worth the $500 price tag to me. I'd also like to have a supertrapp muffler but it too, is too high $ for me to buy and find it doesn't work as well as advertised, at least until I get more "play" money back in the tractor fund from selling parts. Not willing to spend part of my paycheck on one like I would the weedcutter. Brent

Hydraulic lift is another sought after item, as is the Hi-Low pulley. Brent, I can only tell you that if you used a JBJr. you would likely change your thinking. I think it's well worth the price and have used mine a lot more than I would have thought.

Sorry...I guess I read the question too fast. I did answer the wrong question! I thought he was asking what was most popular.

You might be right Kirk. The real question is, would I like it enough to sleep in the garage 'cause that's where I'd be if I got one and Mrs. Baumer knew what I spent $500 of "her" money on. The sad part is she hasn't even had a job for 5 years!

One neat attachment for a bolens was a generator. I would like a sickle bar mower and a tiller. I have a JBJR type bucket but it is for a gravely I need to figure a way to attach it to my tractor and figure the dump mechanism. JH

Brent; before I knew what it was I thoughht the 100 I paid for a used jb jr was a lot. Since then I have sold it and started using a shovel. It was worth every dime and if I had an extraq 500 to spend Id have another one.

I look at it this way, what's your back worth? I moved 4 yards of screened loam in a few hours, had to go through a 42" gate opening. Try that with your wheelbarrow or even shoveling into a cart(if it will fit through the gate), you'll be at it half the day at least. Run the tiller or moldboard plow through the ground and you can dig the loose soil out no problem. I've taken up a stone pile no problem with mine. I have a pile of dirt(18 yds) and a pile of 1/2" stone(another 18 yds) for the driveway. I doubt I'll even pick a shovel up for either job. Besides all that, you can carry the Jack 'O Lanterns around in it on Halloween!!! LOL

One thing that I didn't see here would be a loader,its both rare and really handy. Next step above the JB jr. A mini backhoe would be another little toy that I could have fun with too! I'd love to try one of JB jr's just see what I could do with it and decide wether or not I'd like one. I'd like a tiller as well but they're not really rare.^:)

The table saw would be nice the buck saw is quite rare I have never seen a lawn roller for one the water pump and sprayer are inpossible to find I have the 24 inch rotary mower for them so as I see it there are a lot of things that are rare for them

quote:
Originally posted by ka9bxg
The table saw would be nice the buck saw is quite rare I have never seen a lawn roller for one the water pump and sprayer are inpossible to find I have the 24 inch rotary mower for them so as I see it there are a lot of things that are rare for them
What can't be found, or was never available, can be made. How's this for my homemade lawn (1/4 full) / asphalt (full) roller? My OEM Brush/Log saw will be on eBay shortly. I used it to make a larger copy. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/roller.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/saw-seq-a.jpg[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
What about the righthand lift lever?
Right hand lift levers are rare. So, Al Brown made one for his FDT, and I made one for my RBT. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/browna/fullviewrhll.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/2holes.jpg[/img]

The accessorie that i would like is to accesorize my shed with a old tractor :) Heck looki even santa clause drives a simplicity lol lol

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
I look at it this way, what's your back worth? I moved 4 yards of screened loam in a few hours, had to go through a 42" gate opening. Try that with your wheelbarrow or even shoveling into a cart(if it will fit through the gate), you'll be at it half the day at least. Run the tiller or moldboard plow through the ground and you can dig the loose soil out no problem. I've taken up a stone pile no problem with mine. I have a pile of dirt(18 yds) and a pile of 1/2" stone(another 18 yds) for the driveway. I doubt I'll even pick a shovel up for either job. Besides all that, you can carry the Jack 'O Lanterns around in it on Halloween!!! LOL
You look good Kirk! LOL!:D