Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B1 restoration

MDB

Here are some of the pics. of the restoration of the B1 AC that I bought on EBAY last December. This is what I started out with, no engine, no grill, no seat or gas tank, so I needed some parts to make it complete....

I desided to do this as a frame up restoration so the next step was to take it all apart,

The first step was to disasemble an go through the transmission and BGB

The previous owner had put a bigger engine in this tractor and had done a hack job on the frame so that was the next step

Nice torch job on the frame isn't it...:p

There that looks a little better,:D The next step was to sand all of that old yellow paint and rust off and get ready to paint, [img]/club2/attach/MDB/Painting-6.jpg[/img] Here is the engine that Thedaddycat sold me, a good stong 19D thanks Kirk8D [img]/club2/attach/Mdb/painting-7.jpg[/img] I hung all of the small parts on hanger rods with wire so as to make it easyer to handle them, at one time I had over 100 parts from 2 tractors hung up...

Here is the engine primed and ready to paint YELLOW:D

Here is some of the sheet metal ready to install.

Transmission and frame plus the frame from my B110.

Here the tractor is starting to take shape.

Finally back on four wheels8D

Engine in and bolted down

Wiring done, gas tank installed, almost ready to start it up.8D

New grill screen and a good set of chrome trim peices that I bought from a club member.

Here is the finished product.

This has been a fun project the last 6 months, finding some of the parts has been challenging but with the help of a number of club members this project has come together, Thanks.8D^

That is awesome.Very nice job indeed.I think I seen one of these down the road from my place.Wonder if I could talk them out of it?Great Job Mike. Looks like you had an assembly line going...didn't take you long at all.Real Nice:D:)

Hey fellow members !!!!! This thing is as good as it looks. I even got to sit on it(after Mike made sure I was clean) LOL ken

SSSWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!! Nice Job great to see another old tractor back at again. Hope to see that at the Findlay tractor show.

Thanks everyone, Dan, yes that is where the bolt deck is going, I just got it painted tonight and will probably put it together in the next cupple of days....:)

Nice B-1 Im just starting my B-1 (this is my first tractor) Mine is all there and runs Even the stickers are in good shape Just need to rebuild motor(burns a little oil) and redo the seat And then I can paint it.

Mike, It's hard to find adjectives that haven't already been used to describe that fine resto that you've done with the B-1. Any time you want to come out east and finish my 700 for me you'd be more than welcome. It's hard to find the time to do everything that needs to get done and work on the resto. Hopefully it'll be a little cooler next week and I can get some more sand blasting done!:D:)^

Looks real good! Photo's like yours gets me in the mood to work on the B-110, knowing it will look just a good when I'm done. I like the cornfield background, it matches up perfectly with the B-1. BTW How far are those houses and barns away? look like about 1/2 mile.

It's good to see another one put back to rights. What a wonderful job!! It almost makes me want to do the whole number on the Putt Putt, except that I'd be afraid to use it after that........

Nick, The buildings in the background are about 1/2 mile away. Daddycat, I'm planning on using this tractor to mow and do other things, but I know what you mean about being afraid to use it... ReedS, Sure does take a lot of time doesn't it, with Jacob (my 8 year old) in spring soccor and now in baseball and with everything else it was hard to find the time to keep this project going...

Nice Job!!!! Great looking Tractor.. Everytime I see another completed tractor it makes me want to get started on mine... And I Agree there's always someone on this Club to Help you out....

Mike, VERY NICE!!!! Makes me want to call my buddy and get my tractor home today instead of tomorrow. I see a trailer in my future, this waiting for help is a killer. Robin, just always keep your eyes peeled, you to will find one. I was to the point of thinking I would never find one too. Almost ran off the road the morning I spied the one I bought. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/JoeJ/joej_sig2.gif[/img]

Thanks for all of the compliments guys, it sure has been a fun project but I am glad it is done, except for decals, (tractor fund is financially embarassed)[:0]:I:D

I'm gona keep them peeled.The one I thought I had located was not one of these.I was looking from quiet a distance so I used the camera to zoom in and I got a real big disappoinment(spelling).I gotta get a life or I'm gona go to jail for stalking a tractor.