Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
hufhouse

Ingersoll Garden Tractor

hufhouse
I drove past a tractor yesterday in someone's yard. It looked pretty nice...good-sized, clean, big deck. I think it was a 20HP. It said "Ingersoll" on the side. I didn't stop...it wasn't a Simplicity. ;) But now, I'm curious. Are they any good or are they just another Murray or MTD? If it's worth it, I might go back and take a look.

Kent
Ingersolls are VERY good, VERY heavy-duty tractors. They made the Case tractors, until they were discontinued. Be aware, though, that parts are fairly pricey and can take a while to get -- at least that's my neighbor's experience with a 4016.

Scott Salmons
I darn near bought a new one several years ago (opted for a use 9020 instead). It seemed to be a well built machine, I like the larger wheels on the 4 series, better ride and traction. If I remember correctly the one I looked at had an Onan twin.

stumpy
Guy, Case/Ingersoll machines are excellent...wish I had a Case 444 or 446. As Kent mentioned, parts can be pricey...particularly hydraulic components, and they are necessary since the machines are hydros (valves, etc. often go for $150 plus on e-bay). The old Case machines had a mechanical pto in the front, but rear implements (like tillers) used hydraulic power...work great too. The Ingersoll is definitely worth a look-see.

Chris727
I read that the new Cub Cadets have a hydraulic tiller available, sounds interestring. -Chris

Nick
We have a dealer around here that sells the Ingersoll Tractor, Every once in a while, he has a sale on them marked down from $7,000 to $5,000. They appear to be well made tractors, I always thought they looked like a B-110 or B-112. I like the style, they look like the older tractors, and not some yuppie/city slicker model. [url]http://www.ingersoll-inc.com/garden.html[/url]