Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

When I start thinking it's too warm...

LeoB

I just remember last winter and I stop my whining... Here's a reminder. While she's not the purtiest tractor on the planet, she's still running mostly thanks to the advice here.

Well sometimes I wish we could have both.That way when you get to hot working you could just go make a snow angel....or a snowball fight with the kids, LOL

Yes that would be kind of a neat thing.. when you got too hot you could go cool off then if you got too cold you could warm up... As far as the tractor LeoB it doesn't have to be purty to work... :)

Give me the cold - you can always put on more clothes or "exercise" to get warm - here at the Jersey Shore, with a west wind and no sea breeze, there's only so many clothes you can take off - and you're still too hot! And it's only June!!

Beauty must be in the eyes of the beholder as they say because I think your tractor is quite "purty". I know everyone likes the tractors painted up and looking like new, but sometimes it is nice to see one "as found" working for the owner. Using these tractors is the real fun for me. I have a few hit & miss engines and I have decided to leave them as close to "as found" as I can and still make them operational. Old timers who appreciate them like to see them that way best it seems.

Now that's a winter shot Dadsy... makes me shiver just to look at it. I tend to agree about the look of an old working tractor, I like to see the life experiences banged into the sheet metal and parts. It's cool to know these things have been around awhile doing what they were intended to do. It's seems too bad nowadays that a lot of manufacturers don't take pride in a product well built. I know it's all about profit and all, but the fact that some of these tractors are still out doing their thing 40 and 50 years later and doing it better than alot of the modern stuff is really something.