Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Oh my, a B10 !

Dadsy98

A friend called this late afternoon. I was in the middle of replacing a tie rod end on Janet's van ( the van that will not die!) He said a fellow down the road from him had a B10 and some other stuff out for a sale for Friday. Well, I said Thanks, goodbye! twenty minutes later I am the proud owner of a B10, a Cub Cadet 107 and a wheelhorse of yet to be determined. Also grabbed a set of rims for the rear and a set for the fronts. Janet Has her eye on a Bolens rider. It's old , has a pivot in the middle and the deck in front. rear mounted engine. The fellow said he had several people stop as he set the stuff out in the front lawn. I didn't take any chances. I said $200.00 now for this, this, and that. He agreed and And the deal was consummated. I got back to the house and finished the van. Okay I'm excited. This will be my second FDT in my stable. Two for Two. Since I have two tractors at home and my 2110 at my mothers, I am going to do a teardown on the B10. Pictures Will follow. I'll try to document the best I can. Steve on cloud nine !!

Paco be nice if it ran but probly not right away. If you read close I'm pretty sure Steve got the B 10 and a cub cadet and an old wheel horse for 200. If I read it right he got a great deal running or not. Congrats Steve

Paco, I don't know if it runs. didn't have the s/g on it. We rummaged around his barn and found it. I figure the engine will need a rebuild. This will be the tractor I will rip apart and do it up from the ground. My tractor needs are met right now. This B10 will be my first restoration attempt. Steve

Dan, the funny thing was I just went to see the B10. Janet came along with me and she blurted out " will you take $200.00 for these three tractors?" The guy hemmed a bit and cracked open another beer. he said well? I said Throw in the extra front and rear rims/tires and it's a deal... He said yes sure. I'm thinking thanks Milwalkee! Steve

Well I say that you should be ashamed to rob that guy like that,If you do feel that way maybe you would feel better to give me one of them,LOL Nice find,

Nice find, last weekend i was out for a drive with wifey and i saw and old tractor out in the weeds of a house that had a lot of junk around it. i slowed down to get a better look at it and then as if god was speking to me i heard " dont even think about it " but it wasn't god, it was wifey, i will try to head back there alone this weekend if i can

Sounds like you and Janet are about to start a new project.Nice find and Good Luck and keep us updated on your project. Stormy

quote:
Originally posted by Boney
Nice find, last weekend i was out for a drive with wifey and i saw and old tractor out in the weeds of a house that had a lot of junk around it. i slowed down to get a better look at it and then as if god was speking to me i heard " dont even think about it " but it wasn't god, it was wifey, i will try to head back there alone this weekend if i can
LOL!

Here are a few pictures of the tractors. I got Janet the Bolens for another $25.00 . Bringing the total to four. Naturally She wants me to work on the Bolens first^

ALL RIGHT!FESS UP! WHERE DID YOU FIND THEM? I thought I knew about all the dead AC's around Northern Indiana!;) Looks like a great deal,Steve! It's getting harder and harder to find them.My brother in law gave me a trader paper called The Bargain Finder,which covers NW Indiana,and Illinois. Has a few old B series AC's in it which I might have to investigate.

Steve, Looks like you and Janet are pretty good traders.:D Did you get a dozer blade with that B10, I think I see a hitch on it?

Steve, that looks like quite a haul you made there!! Nice find.Looks like a lot of fun ahead.

Trading or barter only works when both parties are willing. I think we were just lucky and caught the fellow by surprise. The B10 came with the hitch only. That's ok though. I've got two 42" blades so far and can't use but one at a time. Buyers remorse is creeping up. What am I going to do with all of this?????? Don't worry, I'll fix up the bolens and the B10, I'll come to a decision on the cub 107 and the wheelhorse. That cub is a pretty stout machine. I've never had the opportunity to check one out.The WheelHorse is a "Lawn Ranger" 1967 with a B&S model 19 in it. The cub has a Kohler K241A in it. I Need some info on the Bolens. Any web sites or groups I can check out? Steve

I dont have the links but there are several bolens sites. If I was a little closer I'd be interested in the cub and wheelhorse. That cub is a goos start on a puller. Thats what they like around here and my brother in law collects wheelhorse.

Kenny, The fellows name is Wade. Lives in the middle of NoPlace. Here's a map. Better hurry though:D

I just got started in the old garden tractor thing when a friend gave me a AC 310D with a rusted out deck. It runs, although the bore is kinda oval instead of round. He also gave me a 42" blade off a Cub Cadet. Then yesterday his brother (another friend) told me to come over today and get the Cub Cadet 126 and a AC 712 out of his garage, and I could pay him $175, sooner or later, or trade him something. He wants the motor from the 712 returned so he can put it on his cement mixer, so he gave me a Subaru motor. The Cub Cadet and the 712 both included mower decks. Guess I got enough to keep me busy for awhile. Still looking for a K301 crank to rebuild the K241 in the 310D though. Steve (in central IN)

I was just down that way last week! We went to check out some things on US 30,just north of Hamlet. Oh,well,looks like the B10 has a good home.^